Permanent Summon

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 winblue

winblue
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:24 AM

I have made Arwen an ability so she can summon Aragorn permanently on the field. This Aragorn can change into King Elessar at lv10 like edain. The problem is i just want 1 Aragorn on the field so if the spell is activated again while Aragorn is on the field, it won't summon him again. I tried MaxSimultaneousOfType and it only work if Aragorn stays as strider. If Aragorn become Heir of Gondor or King Elessar, it will summon another Aragorn. The 2nd problem is if Aragorn dies, i don't want him to be revivable but the game just put him into the hero recruit menu. Can anyone help me ?

#2 mrk1995

mrk1995
  • Members
  • 38 posts
  • Projects:LotR BFME III private Lan mod, World of Warcraft mod
  •  Scourge of the Kaldorei

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:05 PM

Make a new Aragorn.INI and rename it to AragornSummoned or anything, delete these codes from the file :

Behavior = RespawnUpdate ModuleTag_RespawnUpdate
DeathAnim = DYING ;Model condition to play when killed-to-respawn
DeathFX = FX_AragornDieToRespawn     ;FXList to play when killed-to-respawn
DeathAnimationTime = 3933 ;How long DeathAnim will take.
InitialSpawnFX = FX_AragornInitialSpawn ;FXList to play when respawning.
RespawnAnim = LEVELED ;Animation to play when respawning.
RespawnFX = FX_ResurrectionAragorn ;FXList to play when respawning.
RespawnAnimationTime = 2000 ;Time it takes for respawn to play.
AutoRespawnAtObjectFilter = NONE +CASTLE_KEEP ;Respawn at this location -- and at it's exit production point if possible.
ButtonImage = HIAragorn_res

;RespawnEntries determine the ruleset for how a character can be revived. Some units may automatically respawn, others
;may require a specific revive action performed on him. You can specify different values for each level... or use Level:Any
RespawnRules = AutoSpawn:No Cost:1000 Time:60000 Health:100% ;DEFAULT VALUES
End

And now this cannot be recruitable it the Fortress after death.

But the Spell i think its easier to script it in the map IF True Aragorn/AragornElessar unit not in the map THEN Arwen can use the Summoning abbility.

But if you want it to ini coding idk how to do it. :/

#3 winblue

winblue
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:42 AM

Thank you. I have found a way to prevent the spell from summoning multiple Aragorn. Just add the EquivalentTo to Heir to Gondor and King Elessar, they will be recognized as Aragorn and won't exceed the max simultaneous type = 1.

#4 HurinBFME2

HurinBFME2
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:44 AM

Can you tell me how did you manage to make Aragorn a permanent summon? I would like to do the same with Gil galad

#5 Jokuc

Jokuc

Hardcore Procrastinator

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 29 April 2017 - 11:53 AM

Can you tell me how did you manage to make Aragorn a permanent summon? I would like to do the same with Gil galad

Spoiler

One way of doing it. Then you make the specialpower and apply it on a commandbutton. There's a tutorial here https://www.the3rdag...5?apage=65#page

Edited by Jokuc, 29 April 2017 - 05:33 PM.

#6 HurinBFME2

HurinBFME2
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:47 PM

Spoiler

One way of doing it. Then you make the specialpower and apply it on a commandbutton. There's a tutorial here https://www.the3rdag...5?apage=65#page

I did that tutorial, but now it crashes everytime I start a skirmish match, with no message whatsoever. had a lot of problems with specialpower.inc .... 

Edited by HurinBFME2, 01 May 2017 - 08:53 PM.

#7 Echo

Echo

T3A:Online

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  • Projects:Lot3A
  •  ~~
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 02 May 2017 - 12:00 AM

Did you refer to the correct special power everywhere?

Also, this is a pretty handy list to have, and often helps to locate game.dat errors and their origin: https://www.the3rdage.net/item-45

26285.png

#8 HurinBFME2

HurinBFME2
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 01:13 AM

Did you refer to the correct special power everywhere?

Also, this is a pretty handy list to have, and often helps to locate game.dat errors and their origin: https://www.the3rdage.net/item-45

Fixed it. Instead of looking through the error I just gave Gil Galad like 999999999999999 miliseconds of time and swapped the power with enshrouding mist.  
I'ma try to fix it properly tomorrow since I'm out of time. Thank you for the list

#9 Carthaen

Carthaen
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 03:25 PM

Hello. Can I ask a question? How can I make summon ability that can be used only one time?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users