#1 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:12 AM

For the last four days I've been unable to access any website on the server (Revora, T3A, PPM etc), it just tries loading for a few minutes then gives a timeout error. At first I thought the server was down for maintenance or crashed and it would be back in a few hours. Now after four days tho I thought I'd look into it and I found that nothing is wrong, instead it seams that the sever is blocking my IP or my ISP is blocking the server. The only way for me to currently access anything (and make this post) is to go through a proxy server. Any help to resolve this would be appreciated.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:43 AM

I usually can't get on the site during a certain hour due to some dumb timeout thing, but that usually only lasts a certain hour.  If it's not the same thing then one of the tech people should look into that.

#3 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:34 AM

I've tried multiple websites at multiple times of day over the last five days without any luck. I also cant access my site's FTP either, I just get an unable to connect error message. I'm only getting this problem with websites on the Revora server BTW, all other websites work without any problems. Considering that I can only access the server via a proxy and the problem is isolated to this specific server leaves me to believe that my IP has been blocked. Why is a mystery to me tho, all I've been doing is posting on PPM and writing articles for my Wiki :/

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:17 PM

I checked your registration IP and another one you where using lately and it is not blocked by the forum software. I can't imagine it being blocked server-wide, but I'll see what I can find.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#5 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:03 PM

Could it be a local filter on your side? Hosts file, ipfilters.. ?

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#6 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:18 PM

I just have a standard firewall and don't use any filter programs. I know it's not something specific on my computer tho as I've tried on another computer in the house and two different mobile devices connected to our wi-fi as well. I also tried a direct connection to the modem instead of going through the router I normally use without any success.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:16 PM

I've tried flushing my DNS cache and connecting to Google DNS to see if it was a problem with my ISP's DNS but it didn't help.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:46 PM

I can't find any obvious matches in the IP ban list of the server either. Can you PM me your regular IP address?

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#9 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  •  Thought Police
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:54 PM

I've found one address with 77.xxx.xxx.xxx and unblocked it. Please see if that helps.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

#10 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 23 April 2017 - 03:44 PM

It worked! For a few seconds, the main page loaded ok but then when I tried to login it went back to blocking me again :/

Thanks for looking into this, I'll PM you my IP.

Edit: Now its working again :D

Edit 2: And now I'm blocked again...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  •  Thought Police
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:41 PM

The system will block you after too many failed login attempts. Make sure you don't have FTP or email that tries to connect many times with the wrong password...

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

#12 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:42 PM

Earlier on it was only letting me load a few pages at a time. For example the Revora and PPM forums main page would load fine but then when I clicked on their login pages I'd get a timeout and then nothing else would work, not even the main forum pages I was previous on. Then after awhile I could load a few pages again but straight away I'd get timeout errors and would again have to wait awhile before I could load any more pages.

Its currently working without any problems now and will hopefully stay that way. I would like to know what went wrong tho so I avoid this situation in the future tho.

While incorrectly logging into my FTP or cPanel would be the most logical reason, last time I use my FTP was a month ago and I haven't logged into cPanel for maybe a few years now. I don't use the email account that came with my hosting ether.

Edit: After posting this I logged into my FTP without any problems but then when I tried to change folder I got disconnected, I checked the forum and that wont load either now (editing this post via proxy).

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users