asset.dat algorithm

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zephyr23

zephyr23
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:17 AM

Sy's asset builder no longer works on my Windows7 64bit operating system after a windows update patch: I cannot drag-and-drop files in to the list-box. I need it to create asset files for worldbuilder. Does anyone have the algorithm  to create asset.dat or better still the VB6 source-code for the program? I can then build a new version (or possibly an Excel replacement) that I could post at the TTA website.

#2 Echo

Echo

T3A:Online

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  • Projects:Lot3A
  •  ~~
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:54 PM

I usually have this issue if I reformat my comp. Try to use different compatibility modes and admin mode for the asset builder, there's a fix for it. I can't tell you the exact settings because for me it was just some fiddling with the modes and somehow it always ended up working. :p

26285.png

#3 Maximan

Maximan

Some Dude

• Hosted
  • 572 posts
  • Projects:BFME: Classic Edition

Posted 29 April 2017 - 06:10 AM

Try running it in every compatibility mode possible, that's what i did on mine to make it work.

Windows 10: Windows Vista (Service Pack 1) works for me.

Note: I also tried this on Windows 7 before I upgraded, and it worked, if I remember correctly, I used one of the XP packs or Vista packs.

Edited by Maximan, 29 April 2017 - 06:11 AM.

#4 zephyr23

zephyr23
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:33 PM

Thanks for the replies. After a lot of attempts with compatibility settings it started working properly. I would still be interested in getting the algorithm/source code just in case tweaking fails to work one day.

Edited by zephyr23, 11 May 2017 - 10:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users