• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#61 OdoProudfoot

OdoProudfoot
  • Global Moderators
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:04 PM

A couple ideas:

-Dark Religion - unlocked by the Black Tower of Azkâhar - Once activated, the Mu'adhin (muezzin), standing in a balcony of the Black Tower, convenes all in worship of their King's cult. For x seconds, no buildings can be constructed and no units or heroes can be recruited. After this time, all of the faction’s units gain increased speed and damage for x seconds. (I'm trying to think of a more original final buff.)

Golden King's Vizier - recruited from the Pavilion of the Golden King. Cannot attack, but is surrounded by two guards.

Level 1: Golden King’s Vizier – Allows the Vizier to grow in power (Same as Röac and the Handmaidens).

Level 1: Overseer – Fearful of his wrath, all work with great effort in the Vizier’s presence. Activate to increase by 15% the recruitment speed of nearby military buildings for 30 seconds.

Level 3: Arbiter of Faith – A battalion is chosen to be put under the Vizier’s judgement. If they pass the test, they’re recruited to the King’s personal guard, receiving 30% damage. By failing they will be banished and turn rogue. (50% chance).

Level 5: Enforcer – The Vizier’s enforcers order a caravan to provide the King’s troops with equipment. Reduces the cost of upgrades bought near the chosen caravan for 3 minutes, but it loses 50% speed and armor during said time.

Oakenshield's ideas for abilites (perhaps the top one could even work with a whole new unit):

Slave Driver - target enemy units are marked as potential slaves. When they die, their killer will gain resources equivalent to the cost of the unit. 

Sacrifice - target enemy units are marked as enemies of Melkor and will be sacrificed. When they die, nearby allied heroes will be temporarily buffed while nearby enemy heroes will be weakened.

Edited by OdoProudfoot, 14 January 2019 - 01:29 AM.

#62 LittleCritter

LittleCritter
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 07:45 PM

Just in case you want to add some other heroes for Harad, you could add Mahûd, he was the Mûmak's Chief in lotr & Khäz-gramaze, as the Ring Hero for Harad, it was Sauron's indentity in Harad, worshipped like a Serpent-God.

Edited by LittleCritter, 23 June 2019 - 07:59 PM.

#63 FilipGeorg995

FilipGeorg995
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 07:37 AM

In case the team decides to make Haradwaith use a "local" Ring Hero instead of Sauron; a possible solution of stabbing the back and thus becoming independent southern kingdom ruled by  native tyrants.

Ring Abilities for Ji Amaav V:

Level 1: “Forgotten Hoards” ( active ) -  on certain area, Ji creates the tribute of the South in form of Golden Mumak skull which will bring single, strong economy boost to the faction. ( Instead of the troll pulling the cart, it could be replaced by horse if possible ).

Level 3: “Helm of Mumakan” ( passive ) – installs fear amongst enemy units and grants the strength of the Mumak to Ji Amaav that results in dealing permanent knockback damage. Also it increases the attack of the Mumakil for 2-5%.

Level 5: “Occultist” ( active ) –  when activated, it blinds the enemies and reduces their attack for certain amount of time.

Level 7: “ Tamer of the Scorching Sun” ( active ) –  once activated, nearby enemies around the hero are burned . Allies receive increased attack damage and invulnerability.

Level 10: “Mûmakanar” ( active ) –  unleashes on certain area a stampede of Mumakil.

Appearance: He should resemble a strong, tall figure yet wealthy and powerful. Armed  for war with massive scimitar that cuts trough out foes with ease. Most remarkable armament is his Mumak helm that represents his newly founded kingdom in Mumakan. Also, his skin is rather dark because of the endless sun in the South. He also wears gold bracelets and gauntlets as a sign of power and wealth. Prefers scarlet robes with certain purple dyed parts. He poses certain skills of far South sorcery that is oriented towards the Scorching Sun worship.

#64 FilipGeorg995

FilipGeorg995
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:02 PM

Idea for second resource production unit for Haradwaith Faction:

Since the only core building that generates resources is the Bazaar which also produces mobile caravans that act as upgradable points for the army, my suggestion is once the Bazaar reaches level 2, it could train/enable a merchant that will furter extend the economy of this faciton.

So, whats on my mind: the merchant will again represent a mobile resource collecting centre that would act as 1 unit that costs around 200-350 resources and takes 20 CP to obtain. He will resemble a wealthier and exotic man from the distant Southorn lands wearing finnest robes of silk, cotton, may have turban, lots of jewellry on him. ( Most closest i could get into imagine it to you: 13 of Qarth from GoT ). After he is deployed, he will be within a ornamated tent that excells in exotics ( jewels, ivory, alabaster, ebony etc ). At level 5, the tent is guarded by two retainers ( might be harondor troops, umbarians, mahuds or assassins )

The tent will provide resources which is why this unit is created. Also, it will have several abilities that will efect on how haradwaith can handle with other, trade partners.

- Traderoutes to Gondor and the Fiefdoms: once bought, it will provide the  troops with increased experience gain from fighting over other units. Ie. trade is often the best subtefuge.

- Traderoutes to Dale/Laketown : gives the bazaars ability to produce x2 more resources once this route is established.

-Traderoutes to Rhovanion and Rhun : increases the durability of cavalry units. 

Loans often mean debt:  creates a crate with good amount of gold ( like the wild caves give ) but temporary shuts down all resource production buildings. Available at lvl 5.

#65 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 22 August 2019 - 06:40 PM

Idea for second resource production unit for Haradwaith Faction:

Since the only core building that generates resources is the Bazaar which also produces mobile caravans that act as upgradable points for the army, my suggestion is once the Bazaar reaches level 2, it could train/enable a merchant that will furter extend the economy of this faciton.

So, whats on my mind: the merchant will again represent a mobile resource collecting centre that would act as 1 unit that costs around 200-350 resources and takes 20 CP to obtain. He will resemble a wealthier and exotic man from the distant Southorn lands wearing finnest robes of silk, cotton, may have turban, lots of jewellry on him. ( Most closest i could get into imagine it to you: 13 of Qarth from GoT ). After he is deployed, he will be within a ornamated tent that excells in exotics ( jewels, ivory, alabaster, ebony etc ). At level 5, the tent is guarded by two retainers ( might be harondor troops, umbarians, mahuds or assassins )

The tent will provide resources which is why this unit is created. Also, it will have several abilities that will efect on how haradwaith can handle with other, trade partners.

- Traderoutes to Gondor and the Fiefdoms: once bought, it will provide the  troops with increased experience gain from fighting over other units. Ie. trade is often the best subtefuge.

- Traderoutes to Dale/Laketown : gives the bazaars ability to produce x2 more resources once this route is established.

-Traderoutes to Rhovanion and Rhun : increases the durability of cavalry units. 

Loans often mean debt:  creates a crate with good amount of gold ( like the wild caves give ) but temporary shuts down all resource production buildings. Available at lvl 5.

Decent idea, but this is already the case: the Caravans that are recruited from the Bazaar make resources once deployed.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#66 FilipGeorg995

FilipGeorg995
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 07:34 PM

See the point, thanks for the reply. So, basically nothing can be used of it ? The idea behind it was that AotR Haradwaith orients strongly on well sorted micro management. Since only the bazaar produces resources and the caravan does the same but limited to 3 and oriented on uogrades, i thought they needed more global enforcer.
Will be glad if you can use something and make it even more unique 😁

#67 FilipGeorg995

FilipGeorg995
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 08:08 PM

Cassimir's rank 8 "Cold Judgement" ability - when activated/tasked on selected Umbarian unit, it has 1 minute to prove their worthiness to Him and reach lvl2 ( if already with banners, to reach higher level ). After they reach it, they will be granted armament upgrades and become fearless. If they fail, they will be punished by not gaining any rank at all and thus make other units weaker ( example as their City is not worthy ). While activated, it will lower the attack/defense values of Harondor and Mahud units.

Watchers of Karna

Rank 1: weapon toggle ( bows/scimitars ) 

Rank 3: Devotion to Djedeshket ( passive ): with every increases of rank, they become immune of all sorts of elemental damage. Djedeshket may be some long forgotten God of the primeval Era that was worshiped as the one who made bond with elements and created in  the South grazing land, numerous water, warm sun and wind to carry the word of his natural gifts.

Rank 10: Restored Temple ( active ): places on a certain area a small temple/shrine that inspires nearby units, gives the bazaars and caravans increased production but in return, makes Hoarmurath/Golden King weaker ( he is 3rd of the Nine, representative of Sauron and thus tries to convert the population to worship the Dark Lord ). The temple might look like ziggurat with several palms, inscribed long forgotten runes on the entrance. On top, might be seen a Kundalini symbol or Phoenix.

Edited by FilipGeorg995, 24 August 2019 - 08:11 PM.

#68 tomtucker

tomtucker
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 09:19 PM

I just found a picture that i think will match with the Abrakhan warriors (with some changes and without the crossbow of course 😅)

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20190824_222649.jpg

Edited by tomtucker, 24 August 2019 - 09:20 PM.

#69 LittleCritter

LittleCritter
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 04:23 PM

I don't know if still there is place for more heroes, but i created the abilites for other 3, who were in the War of Ring in the Third Age too.

Mûmak Mahûd, Mûmakil Chieftain - 1000

Spoiler

Qamára, The Haradrim King - 2500

Spoiler

Saléme, Hâshari Leader - 1300

Spoiler

A bit remodeled, the Haradrim Spellbook:

Spoiler

PS: Maybe, the Haradrim builder could have a Sand Bucket, instead of a Water Bucket to extingish fire.

Apart of the Oasis, could be added a Desert Well's building for the faction.

Visual Cue: http://d3e1m60ptf1oy...033_xgaplus.jpg

Edited by LittleCritter, 18 October 2019 - 11:08 AM.

#70 Thranduil_King

Thranduil_King
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 07:34 AM

I highly recommend for this faction 2 things that will give a unique difference over others ...
1) The use of Camels as mounts instead of horses, this is because of the geographical area they are in, it would be the best.
2) Harad used to use Battlewagon herded by two horses, it would be very epic see something like this:
romano-carruaje-clip-art-vectorial_csp31
Like Ancient Roma or Ancient Egypt

#71 LittleCritter

LittleCritter
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 05:54 AM

I highly recommend for this faction 2 things that will give a unique difference over others ...
1) The use of Camels as mounts instead of horses, this is because of the geographical area they are in, it would be the best.
2) Harad used to use Battlewagon herded by two horses, it would be very epic see something like this:

Like Ancient Roma or Ancient Egypt

I think that the first suggestion could be possible, but, about the second one, i never heard about Haradrim battlevagons, so, i only would give battlevagons for a Rhûnic-Khandish faction, with some variants to make them really unique, bc the Wainriders.

Edited by LittleCritter, 28 December 2019 - 05:55 AM.

#72 FilipGeorg995

FilipGeorg995
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 07:09 PM

"Serpent Sting" lvl3: spear throw that deals poison damage.
"Standards of the Black Serpent" lvl5: when they are near Harondor and Near Harad units, those units get fear and terror ressistance.

Design: the Serpent Guards have the best equipment at disposal; conical helmets with dreadful vezirs ( nose protection ), chainmail attached to their helmets. They wear finely polished cuirasses from which attached thorns can be seen ( shoulders ), fine cotton and silk as additional layers beneath the armor ( dark red, black, somewere gold ).

Armaments: round shields that depict the black serpent. In the centre, single steel spike for bashing enemies.

Weapon choices: scimitars with jeweled hand tips, crescent axes ( tabars )

Horse design: partial armor ( head, shoulders, legs ) made from several wooden sticks and plates put togethe

#73 Esparado87

Esparado87
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 06:28 PM

Burôdapân, Lord of Waves - 1600

One of the two rivaling sons of Kathuphazgân, the last Black Lord of Umbar. Burôdapân is a fierce corsair-lord, demanding tribute and taxes from a vast majority of Umbar's raiding fleet. 

Rank 8: Horn of Kârna

Burôdapân summons the Horn of Kârna. When sounded, the Horn stuns enemy units and invokes the Fury of the Deep, which does a thing.

Design cue: Middle-earth's version of the famous pirate known as Blackbeard 

euglorfindel_skl

Kârna - A large, mysterious, ice-cold lake in the distant south-east. In its center is a small island home to a ruined temple that runs deep underground, dedicated to some forgotten God (certainly not Sauron/Morgoth). Burôdapân found a large horn here. The island is guarded by the Watchers of Kârna, a small tribe of elite warriors that have resided on the island for centuries. 

How about Horn of Karna summons a smaller version of The Watcher in the Water with different texture (kinda like a Kraken summon or possible a Cthulhu summon (referring to the Kârna info)?

And maybe make the power obtainable at level 10...

Edited by Esparado87, 08 June 2020 - 06:30 PM.

#74 OdoProudfoot

OdoProudfoot
  • Global Moderators
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 09:28 PM

Unit skls I want

#75 AquilineIdol700

AquilineIdol700
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 12:08 AM

Looking sweet guys!!! Will there be any mahud/tribal units that can ride camels?? Think it would be cool and add variety. Could even be the cavalry unit summoned by the Harondor warlord The_Lord_of_the_Rings_Strategy_Battle_Ga

I love the idea of Haradrim riding horses and tribal units/mahud riding camels. I think it would delve more into the culture of Harad. Tolkien also mentioned them in his work (http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Camels).

Edited by AquilineIdol700, 27 November 2020 - 04:16 PM.

#76 Thranduil_King

Thranduil_King
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 06:14 PM

It is too early to comment on this, and i don't know if you have contemplated any music for this faction, but I would like to make a recommendation to add music from this soundtrack; If I know that it sounds very strange and crazy to some people, but I think the music that sounds in this films "The Passion of Christ" is very ideal for this theme, for me harad is like a Middle Eastern culture, the music in that movie is very inspired by this, and uses elements as instruments of these cultures. For those who have not listened before or paid attention to its soundtrack, I add some videos of interest, hope you like it !:

These are some songs i think you may like you, personally i feel and think that this music has the same touch that Howard Shore did in the saga, only that it is adapted to a Middle Eastern theme, it also has choruses, it is not flat music.

So, what do you think about it?

Edited by Thranduil_King, 20 November 2020 - 06:17 PM.

#77 Hugh Janus

Hugh Janus
  • Project Team
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 11:05 AM

It is too early to comment on this, and i don't know if you have contemplated any music for this faction, but I would like to make a recommendation to add music from this soundtrack; If I know that it sounds very strange and crazy to some people, but I think the music that sounds in this films "The Passion of Christ" is very ideal for this theme, for me harad is like a Middle Eastern culture, the music in that movie is very inspired by this, and uses elements as instruments of these cultures. For those who have not listened before or paid attention to its soundtrack, I add some videos of interest, hope you like it !:

These are some songs i think you may like you, personally i feel and think that this music has the same touch that Howard Shore did in the saga, only that it is adapted to a Middle Eastern theme, it also has choruses, it is not flat music.

So, what do you think about it?

We won't be using music that isn't from LotR or The Hobbit.

#78 Thranduil_King

Thranduil_King
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 12:13 AM

I understand, however I thought it was a good idea since there is really no music or themes of that faction and places

#79 AquilineIdol700

AquilineIdol700
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 01:22 AM

Some pretty cool games workshop models/designs for Harad

https://www.pinteres...88827726591758/

https://www.reddit.c..._cavalry_model/

https://www.games-wo...-JP/Half-Trolls

https://miniset.net/.../gw-99061464130

https://www.pinteres...7327863407048/ 

Some awesome Half Troll designs from The Lord of the Rings Trading Card Game as well

https://www.pinteres...13368036115133/

https://lotr.fandom...._9.33.13_AM.png

https://lotr.fandom....iki/Half-trolls

#80 JumarJuan

JumarJuan
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 12:05 AM

Why Haradwaith and not Evil Men? (Like, why separate the east from south?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users