3 replies to this topic

#1 Salvadorc17

Salvadorc17

title available

• Members
  • 507 posts
  • Projects:Destination Norway

Posted 06 May 2017 - 02:06 AM

Hi, again i was testing Commandos 2 on Xbox and found some extra tutorial misssions, can you tell me if there is a way to decode those files and convert to pc version??

#2 MB-2000

MB-2000
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:02 AM

Haha, we've been me and Robb in that situation a long time ago. Decode them simply by DeBsmb, open them with a text editor, go down until you reach the bottom of the mis file, replace the three bas codes ".BAS_PS2" ".BAS_XBOX" ".BAS_WND" by ".BAS" + Bas file name and then finally replace each commando MOCHILLA code by its pc equivalent.

P.S: There isn't only extra tutorial missions. Remember the old Commandos 2 trailer? Well, some missions on that trailer can also be found on the Xbox version of the game! There are four: SB_SITUACIONES.MIS (Das Boot beta map), PT_SITUACIONES.MIS (Haipong beta map), VEH.MIS (Saving Private Smith vehicle Beta map) and CZ_SITUACIONES.MIS (Colditz Beta map, maybe even Beta night Colditz - Sadly, this one isn't working because it gives an error while decoding the file)

Edited by Agent MB, 07 May 2017 - 01:03 AM.

#3 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:13 AM

Check this thread I made a while ago, this may help explain how to decode some files from PS2 and xbox version
https://forums.revor...rasface-images/

those "beta" maps I think were for scripted events to make a good trailer

Edited by Robb, 07 May 2017 - 04:12 PM.

#4 Zakxaev68

Zakxaev68

Stalking in the shadows

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 09:00 PM

Very informative, well written robb dude.

About missions. In practice, your telling me missions which represent Xbox-only exclusive content, are transferable on the PC version? Where's the catch uh? So are briefing cinematics the same?

comm-boot-camp-promo-revora-join-us-co.p

<<< CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO DO SO >>>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users