Photo

Any Plans To Port Mental Omega To OpenRA Once Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge Is Up And Running?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:07 PM

So I'm sure some of you guys are aware that there is an open source version of Red Alert 1 (with various mods built into it). One of these new mods is C&C Red Alert 2 (and possibly the expansion pack, Yuri's Revenge). I am wondering if Speeder and the rest of the team would be willing to port over the Mental Omega mod to OpenRA? 

#2 PurpleGaga27

PurpleGaga27

Retired C&C Modder

• Members
  • 2,197 posts
  •  Media Division Top Contributer

Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:53 PM

I already asked this question last year, and the team has no motive or willing power whatsoever to port this mod to OpenRA as everything from this mod needs to be re-done from scratch, even in SAGE and Unity3D. Besides they have used up so much time into this mod for Yuri's Revenge that they don't have the time to carry resources into another engine or OpenRA, unless the same team hires a new team of willing power with original members backing up with their resources (in which I don't think Speeder would consider).

Edited by PurpleGaga27, 14 May 2017 - 05:54 PM.

#3 Oktavia

Oktavia
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:59 AM

Porting from YR to OpenRA is basically rewriting the game from scratch. And it's not just YR, Ares should be rewritten too.
Won't happen, but I wouldn't be upset over it. You seem to be way too optimistic about RA2 release on OpenRA, when it doesn't even have any semblance of alpha version right now.

#4 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:47 AM

it has a video, but the building is slowass...

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#5 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:38 PM

Porting from YR to OpenRA is basically rewriting the game from scratch. And it's not just YR, Ares should be rewritten too.
Won't happen, but I wouldn't be upset over it. You seem to be way too optimistic about RA2 release on OpenRA, when it doesn't even have any semblance of alpha version right now.

EA screwed over their Origin crap and now the vanilla game (along with the Mental Omega mod) is having trouble running on Windows 10......holy moly.....that is so freaking annoying....

#6 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:30 PM

What other trouble is there with running Mental Omega 3.3 on Windows 10? There are various renderer, compatibility and admin rights settings to fix that.

There are no plans to move to OpenRA.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users