Photo

BFME doesn't start/crash after installation? READ THIS.

Best Answer Sole722, 25 May 2017 - 07:30 AM

Step 1:  Go to your "Roaming" folder. ti finde her  "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming"

Step 2: Search the BFME or BFME II folder

Step 3: It should be empty. Create a Maps folder. 

Step 4: And a textfile.

Step 5: Put this in it.

AllHealthBars = yes

AlternateMouseSetup = no
AmbientVolume = 50
AudioLOD = High
Brightness = 50
FixedStaticGameLOD = UltraHigh
FlashTutorial = 0
HasSeenLogoMovies = yes
HeatEffects = yes
IdealStaticGameLOD = Low
IsThreadedLoad = yes
MovieVolume = 70
MusicVolume = 70
Resolution = 1920 1080
SFXVolume = 70
ScrollFactor = 51
StaticGameLOD = UltraHigh
TimesInGame = 25
UnitDecals = no
UseEAX3 = no
VoiceVolume = 70

Step 6: Save it as a options.ini

Step 7: Make sure you have change the file type.      

Step 8: and put it in your BFME folder

Step 9: Now start the game and have fun.

Bad english i know :/

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 Sole722

Sole722
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:00 PM

Start the game and after 5 seconds this error message comes.

Screenshot_1.png Screenshot_2.png Screenshot_3.png

#2 Sole722

Sole722
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:22 PM

Okey Fixed 

#3 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:25 PM

You should tell others how you fixed it ;)

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#4 Sole722

Sole722
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 07:30 AM   Best Answer

Step 1:  Go to your "Roaming" folder. ti finde her  "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming"

Screenshot_1.png

Step 2: Search the BFME or BFME II folder

Screenshot_2.png

Step 3: It should be empty. Create a Maps folder. 

Screenshot_3.png

Step 4: And a textfile.

Screenshot_4.png

Step 5: Put this in it.

AllHealthBars = yes

AlternateMouseSetup = no
AmbientVolume = 50
AudioLOD = High
Brightness = 50
FixedStaticGameLOD = UltraHigh
FlashTutorial = 0
HasSeenLogoMovies = yes
HeatEffects = yes
IdealStaticGameLOD = Low
IsThreadedLoad = yes
MovieVolume = 70
MusicVolume = 70
Resolution = 1920 1080
SFXVolume = 70
ScrollFactor = 51
StaticGameLOD = UltraHigh
TimesInGame = 25
UnitDecals = no
UseEAX3 = no
VoiceVolume = 70

Screenshot_5.png

Step 6: Save it as a options.ini

Screenshot_6.png

Step 7: Make sure you have change the file type.      

Screenshot_10.png

Step 8: and put it in your BFME folder

Screenshot_8.png

Step 9: Now start the game and have fun.

Bad english i know :/

#5 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:37 PM

Thanks for that!

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#6 DyingFeTo

DyingFeTo
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 03:55 PM

Doesn't work for me tho... but just since the new update :(

EDIT: Okay, I just made it start - but as soon as I click on SKIRMISH the game crashes again :/

EDIT: Found a solution somewhere else in the forum. Just had to change the name in my skirmish.ini ;)

Edited by DyingFeTo, 29 July 2017 - 07:58 PM.

#7 kronos182

kronos182
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:25 PM

I try to find the Roaming folder under AppData and this folder doesn't seem to exist.. A separate Roaming folder exists, but both don't have BFME 2 in them.

I'm trying to install on a Windows 10 system, installing the game onto my secondary drive D:\. Installed BFME 2, fails to run, install the 1.06 patch, still fails.. install RotWK via Origin, fails.

Please help.

#8 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:59 PM

Are you installing by following our instructions in https://forums.revor...llation-guide/?

#9 kronos182

kronos182
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:18 PM

Are you installing by following our instructions in https://forums.revor...llation-guide/?

Yes. I was following those instructions.

#10 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:03 PM

You have to find the options.ini file or create it. For that you need to go to %appdata% -> roaming -> bfme2

#11 kronos182

kronos182
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:07 AM

You have to find the options.ini file or create it. For that you need to go to %appdata% -> roaming -> bfme2

I'm not able to find this folder.. I have looked multiple times, and yes, the game IS installed. I have it installed on my second HDD, and not the primary, would that make a difference?

#12 flynnser

flynnser
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:07 PM

Can anyone help me out with this error any time I try and run RoTWK?

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.PNG

#13 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:44 PM

Set BFME2 to patch 1.06.

#14 ALIEN545

ALIEN545
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:10 PM

Still facing it and can't start the games :(

#15 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:23 PM

What exactly is the error?

#16 rolprruiz

rolprruiz
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:07 AM

changed options.ini but still got the following eror

#17 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:03 AM

changed options.ini but still got the following eror

Which error?

#18 Brooky61

Brooky61
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 11:39 PM

Hi, I am getting the same error as flynnser above, with ROTWK crashing when loading. I have reverted BFME II to path 1.06, and ensured that my options.ini file is the same as in the thread where it gives the details (though it states for BFME I and II but  makes no mention of ROTWK specifically). I've looked through various threads on the forum, but haven't been able to pick up a fix.

I installed BFME II and ROTWK from my original CDs, loading them as ISO images and installing from there. I ran the patch for 1.09 for BFME II (the link for 1.06 patch gave a 404 error so I couldn't do that), and I changed my options.ini file. This all seemed to run successfully and BFME II is running fine, whether I use the 1.09, 1.08, or 1.06 patch (the last being the current setting).

For ROTWK I ran the 2.01 patch after the initial installation, and then ran the 2.02/7.00 install. After that all I've done is to add the Maps folder and options.ini file into the "C:\Users\jbroo\AppData\Roaming\My The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king Files file", but when I launch the app it produces the error.

I read somewhere about an "unofficial" launcher, but looking in the installation folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king" the only additional launcher appears to be new_launcher.exe, but running that does not launch the application.

So I'm stumped, and hoping someone can help. I feel I'm not far from getting it working.

BTW I'm running Windows 10

I resolved the problem. I uninstalled, and then resintalled BFME II again, but did not install the 1.09 patch. Then I installed ROTWK and it is working ok. I now have all three games working again, and no cd, so I'm really pleased. Great to be able to play the games again, and on Windows 10. Thanks for keeping the games going, they're my favourite and it was sad to see that they were no longer supported by EA

Edited by Brooky61, 17 September 2017 - 12:29 PM.

#19 Elanorand

Elanorand
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:53 AM

i have the same problem as a guy above me, i cant find the middle earth2 file in "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming", i followed all the steps from "https://forums.revor...lation-guide/?"but it still dosent work

#20 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 24 September 2017 - 10:28 AM

Did you try to re-install?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users