#21 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:09 PM

Thought this weeks was pretty good. Got the really Twin Peaks stuff with Ed and Norma. I'm kinda loving how big a part James is getting here, interested in seeing where it goes. Maybe he'll just be in jail for the next 3 episodes though, so who knows, but it does bring this green gloved rando into the middle of it too. Not sure I love that character (since hes had like 3 scenes) but the fight at the bar was pretty cool. Got a Mark Frost cameo as the guy that sees Becky's boyfriend and Gersten Hayward (that's actually her name). Audrey scene was good this time. We even know what "above the convenience store" means now. Sorta. Hell, Cooper nearly woke the fuck up... maybe his little shock will have done it. Or maybe its made him worse. Find out next time on Twin Peaks.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#22 PurpleGaga27

PurpleGaga27

Retired C&C Modder

• Members
  • 2,197 posts
  •  Media Division Top Contributer

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:04 PM

I don't know why is this thread has an interesting conversation now (more than Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead). IDK why it is in Showtime instead of ABC, which probably tells me now that mature content is getting more common.

#23 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:49 PM

Right... if you think Game of Thrones or Walking Dead is more "mature" than Twin Peaks there is no hope for you. Literally a series that started "mature" television.

Posted Image

#24 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:57 AM

The biggest difference between Twin Peaks and Game of Thrones / Walking Dead is that Twin Peaks is actually good.  It's easy to hold a conversation when a show actually invests something into writing.

I mostly enjoyed this episode.  Evil Cooper visiting the weird nuke gas station and the whole Nadine scene were great moments.  I wonder if they'll show Nadine using her super-human strength this season.  Though... they now have another character that has super-human strength.  Maybe they'll somehow tie the gloved man and Nadine together.  They got 3 episodes left and they have yet to interact, so maybe not.  But Cooper putting the fork into the socket... ehh... I'll be glad if that wakes him up, though I expected him to have some tender moments with the FBI agents and evil Cooper as a vegetable first.  And I didn't recognize Mark Frost at all in that hat.  About time they give him something to do.

Besides all that... I hated that Audrey scene again.  It's regression.  Her husband actually put his coat on after 3 whole episodes... they were almost about to do something... then they had another weird fight, then he took it back off.  Why.  Why, why, why can't these two people get anywhere with their scenes.  I anticipated Audrey to have some great moments with her dad and Cooper this season, but she's stuck in that house strangling a man with no neck.  But it's interesting that she still keeps a picture of Cooper around, as what her son hinted at.  She needs to get that dough-faced man strangled so they can fall in love again, or something.

#25 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:18 PM

"Strangling a man with no neck" just about sums up the futility of her scenes. I kind of buy the theory that maybe he is her doctor and she's mentally ill or something. I think as these scenes have gone on its clear she is actually unable to leave the house and is the one "being difficult", particularly this scene. Although it was weirdly satisfying to see her attack him.

I just heard something interesting too. Apparently the numbers 3 15 made an appearance earlier which may infact have predicted Dougies appearance in the series. Dougie first appeared in episode 3 and the one we just watched where he perhaps had an awakening was 15, so yeah... might be ol' Coop back in the next one if that is true.

Edited by OmegaBolt, 22 August 2017 - 01:20 PM.

Posted Image

#26 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:09 AM

Charlie said that he is her husband and that they had some sort of deal going on, so I dunno if he's necessarily her doctor.  Though, I'm pretty sure the father of her kid is the guy from the plane from season 2.  And I had kept those numbers in mind, but I figured they had something to do with Garland Briggs.  I suppose they could have hinted at episodes of significance.

#27 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:45 AM

Yeah he did say that... but she could believe he is her husband and he's kinda playing the character, in a very flat way. It could also be aliens.

I would bet the father is evil Coop though, largely because Richard is also evil and both the series and History of Twin Peaks book have themes of generations repeating the same mistakes. I think one of the big things to note about the town is that its still fucked up, if not moreso and the children are basically living their parents lives again. The scene with Wally Brando I believe was supposed to show Lucy's child's father was Dick Tremayne and not Andy, which is why Wally is equally verbose and pretentious.

Posted Image

#28 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 28 August 2017 - 09:42 AM

There we go.  Lot of weird crap going on this week, but Cooper's back.  Now, is he going to use the seed to give a copy of himself to his fake family, or is he going to give a fake version of himself to the FBI so he can live with his formerly abusive wife?  Exciting.  The one thing I hated is that everyone had such an underwhelming reaction to Cooper waking up and actually being intelligent.  "Oh, he's more talkative now."  Well, he's not a complete vegetable now.  They all acted like he was just a bit quiet when he was clearly dimwitted.  

I dunno where to start with the other crap that happened.  It was a proper episode with actual things happening, and dare I say - too many things happening.  That scene in particular with Jonny Coyne was completely random but is was great.

#29 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 28 August 2017 - 12:42 PM

Pretty great episode. Richard getting zapped was awesome. Really sad that Chantelle and that guy got killed to be honest, I enjoyed those two, though it was an awesome sequence. Everyone reacting that way to Cooper is just an exact mirror of them not reacting to him being braindead earlier. I think I more felt like the whole "awakening" process should've been more played out and extended, but I guess they have to get on with it now. Cooper's relationship with the lodge seems a bit weird now, like he's somehow in on the plan... will be interesting to see what happens anyway. Candy's face when Cooper said the Mitchums have hearts of gold was adorable.

Oh and maybe the Audrey scene will be like the series 2 ending. Looking in the mirror and then nothing for 25 years.

Posted Image

#30 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 28 August 2017 - 02:20 PM

I was so glad when Audrey finally got out of the house.  Then she started dancing... That scene was interesting because her husband didn't seem like he was a part of it, as the rest of the Road House was.  Whatever weird state she's stuck in, Charley has something to do with it.  He must be a part of the Black Lodge since it seems like everyone who lives there has very strange body disfigurements or disproportions.

#31 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 28 August 2017 - 03:03 PM

Ah yeah, could be... Maybe the music being played backwards during the credits is something to do with the lodge? Can't remember if there was backwards music in other lodge scenes... Looked like she was in a white gown in that mirror scene, so I think her being in a mental asylum or something is still on the cards.

I also wonder if Dougie has been used this way before? If he's gone missing for days and goes in and out of these catatonic states, maybe that's him being replaced/posessed.

Posted Image

#32 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 28 August 2017 - 09:29 PM

Considering that the music that played is literally the theme song for the lodge, I would say that there's a connection.  I think Audrey went looking for Cooper after he disappeared and found her way into the lodge, came back, and her dad put her in an asylum or something since no one believes what she saw.  She could be in some sort of government facility with some connection to Major Briggs... but I feel like her dad would have mentioned something about his daughter missing if that were the case.  Might have a connection to the sound he hears in his office.

#33 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 02 September 2017 - 05:40 PM

SO I guess tomorrow is the season finale.  I told Herbert that there were 2 episodes left, but apparently, it's a 2 hour event tomorrow.  Ehhh... sort of upset about that.  They literally shoved everything into the very last 2 episodes.  But it's going to be an absolute quality episode.

#34 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 02 September 2017 - 09:03 PM

Herbert? I think its the same as the first.... day or whatever, where they showed 2 episodes back to back as well.

Posted Image

#35 herbert3000

herbert3000

Guilty Until Proven Innocent

• Division Admins
  • 593 posts
  • Division:Commandos HQ
  • Job:Division Admin

Posted 02 September 2017 - 09:22 PM

Yeah, we were talking about that in 'The Mist' thread.
Actually I'm happy that they are going to show 2 episodes at once, because this way there's less chance for any cliffhangers.
I'm really looking forward to the finale, can't wait to have my mind blown by David Lynch!

#36 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:13 PM

Don't be so sure.  I'm certain Lynch is going to give us another painful cliffhanger.  That's what he does.  Though, I don't think most of these actors will last another 25 years.  

#37 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 04 September 2017 - 04:54 AM

Phhhhhhhh... ... well.  So.  Umm... ... ... hmm.  ... Yea.  I, uh... I think... that, uh... ... that... ...  yy... ... Yes.

#38 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 04 September 2017 - 03:19 PM

That was my initial reaction. Now I'm just laughing. 2 episodes from the end we get Cooper back, then the most obscure episodes in the entire series where he goes full Inland Empire. Amazing. At least it shows Sheryl Lee is a great actress, I loved her in that scene at the front door. Wish she'd done more and hope she does in future. As for the episodes I'm gonna have to digest like a cow. Then maybe poop it out and eat it again just to give it another run through.

Posted Image

#39 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:32 PM

The end was unsettling, unsatisfying and incoherent.  I mostly liked it.  Laura Palmer's screams are always a treat, and her screaming at that empty window like she saw / realized upon something that wasn't there was probably the truest horror moment of the show.  One of the most disturbing scenes on television, especially since it was created to leave you so dissatisfied and uncertain.  I also loved how they filmed all of those scenes with Jimmy and Laura back in 89 just so they could create amazing scenes in this season.  Now that's incredible planning.  

Other than that, I felt like there are too many open ends.  The Mitchum brothers were pretty much ultimately put in the show as a free ride to Twin Peaks, we have no inkling of what the heck is going on with Audrey, Ben Horn and his brother were never really concluded, or the sound in the office that we were forced to listen to for about 10 minutes.  And what on God's green earth is going on with Sarah and her deranged nonsense...  And I'm a bit upset that Lynch went full Lynch and put in those waste-of-air-time moments in on the very final episode of his show.  We didn't need to see Laura and Cooper sitting in a car for a billion minutes just to emphasize it being a great distance.  We didn't need that really awkward sex scene.  And that final battle with Bob was a bit dumb.  It had so many hard cuts and repeating sequences that I just had to cringe at it a little.  It was hard to tell that the man with the green glove and Bob were even in the same scene.  And I was very unsatisfied with Cooper's reunion to Twin Peaks.  A gob of emotional connections just chucked out the window for some ultimate battle between a man we just met 3 episodes ago and a floating orb.

But I mostly liked this whole season.  It did feel like he's leaving it open for another season, so hopefully his masters at HBO will allow it, especially since it was incredibly successful for some reason.  I can't imagine modern people watching 20 minutes of those annoying prison scenes and saying, "Yea.  I really enjoyed that.  See you next week, David."  But there's so much more to be done.  

#40 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:55 PM

I think we do know what the room sound was. It was the same noise made when the dwarf in the lodge was rubbing his ring (not a euphemism, that's a different movie) and was made a few times this series in relation to the lodge. I think it happening in the Great Northern is because Cooper's old room has seemingly turned into a gateway into the afterlife or something.

The Back to the Future 2 stuff was... unexpected and kind of odd. I'm not sure if he saved Laura or not, but after that supposedly happened we saw Sarah smashing up the photo of Laura so yeah... after that bit it basically went crazy, and I'm not sure whether it was all "real" or some other post-lodge insanity. There were times where I wasn't at all sure we were watching the good Cooper anymore. That sex scene being one of them, where he just looked bizarre... emotionless and in shadow, so he looked a lot like evil Coop to me. Then Diane rubbed his face like those woodsmen did when evil Coop died. And they were having sex in another dimension? Didn't they "go through" something before that? The scene at the diner where he took on those 3 boycows, that didn't seem like good Coop either, the way he stared blankly at the waitress and then put the guns in the deep fat fryer.

It was odd that Audrey was never shown, the Cooper/Cooper showdown was sort of a non-event, at least between those two. There wasn't a big emotional reunion  etc. But then the one thing I said I wanted before the show started was for David Lynch to do what he does and not just be a 90s throwback, and it absolutely wasn't. This was definitely one of the most interesting things to have ever appeared on television, and I think i'm gonna be humming over it for quite a long time.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users