Photo

Somebody PLEASE HELP ME...BFME II Gollum RingHero WON'T WORK

gollum bfme ii ring hero spawn points problem scripts doesnt work

Best Answer Jokuc, 26 May 2017 - 12:18 PM

My guess: Nothing is wrong at all. You're just forgetting that RingHero_Gollum has stealth, which means he won't show up unless you're right next to him. Put 4k starting cash, go Men and get the Ivory Tower, then see if he shows up.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 XC-allous

XC-allous
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 09:35 AM

If anybody can figure out my issue I will be greatly appreciative. I have edited the Map Black Gate the 3 player one. Everything is fine and up to my needs EXCEPT that I cannot place ring hero gollum on the map. I have tried everything. Here are some key things that might help some of you more "smarter" people out. 

1) I can place neutral gollum on team creeps and he shows up

2) I can place gollum ring stealer on team creeps and he shows up, but I am able to "control him"

3) I CAN place RINGHERO gollum on map ONLY if he is on player 1 team, which is me. I can control him.

4) HE WILL NOT show up on team creeps, team 2, or team 3 if I try to place him. 

5) I have the gollum script and it doesn't work, but that actually makes sense because I can't even manually place him in the map, so why would the script even help. 

Let me know if you can help your dude out. Or if you need any further information. Thank you

#2 Jokuc

Jokuc

Hardcore Procrastinator

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:18 PM   Best Answer

My guess: Nothing is wrong at all. You're just forgetting that RingHero_Gollum has stealth, which means he won't show up unless you're right next to him. Put 4k starting cash, go Men and get the Ivory Tower, then see if he shows up.

#3 XC-allous

XC-allous
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:39 PM

That is a very good assumption, but you should have already assumed that I had the intelligence to test that. I let a game run for 30 minutes playing with 3 teams not one sight of gollum. Had cave bats and every hero next to all SpawnPoint_SkirmishGollum_1-8 which I put in the same area because I said it wasn't working. HOWEVER, I will play as the men to see if that makes any difference, but if you saw the map there is NO WAY 30 minutes goes by without ANY team spotting or catching gollum. 

Edited by XC-allous, 26 May 2017 - 03:41 PM.

#4 XC-allous

XC-allous
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:55 PM

I appreciate the reply and I made a completely different map, wiped out all spawn points. Removed all players then added skirmish players again. Still don't have spawn points but this time when I placed him on the map an immediately used farsight where I placed him and he was there. I still think there is a problem and maybe it is because he starts in an already un-shrouded area, but I thought that wouldn't matter. Because 30 minutes of not finding him when I am doing battle in the ONLY area he is able to spawn, when I have 50+ mallorn trees tells me something.

#5 XC-allous

XC-allous
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 04:00 PM

Thank you. Although I wasn't forgetting about the stealth, I am guessing when he begins in an area that you already heavily occupy it takes something else to remove his stealth other than what he already spawned next to. Thank you. I appreciate it greatly. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users