Photo

Cac Ra3 Application Load error 5:0000065434 and Ca Public key patching routine failed

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Bassachii

Bassachii
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:18 PM

I have the steam version of RA3. I have tried to hook CaC online with my Ra3 but it doesnt work. I have tried disabling my anti virus, creating the desktop shortcut, and set the compatibility mode to Windows Xp. I get both error messages in the title if I try to run the game through Cac online.

I use Windows 10, please help, ty

#2 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:06 PM

Please could you post your error log; see How to Report Issues for instructions.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#3 Bassachii

Bassachii
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:19 PM

Ah thanks for Replying, here it is

----- C&C:Online Launcher Start -----
Game: Red Alert 3
Red Alert 3 Install Path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Command and Conquer Red Alert 3\
Started game with: "RA3.exe "
Caught CREATE_PROCESS_DEBUG_EVENT from Red Alert 3. Detaching...
Found game.dat process. PID 236
*** Starting CA public key patching routine ***
CA public key is expected value.
Successfully patched CA public key.
*** Starting hostname hooking routine ***
Injecting DLL into game.dat process...
Result of injection: Code -1073741582

----- C&C:Online Launcher Start -----
Game: Red Alert 3
Red Alert 3 Install Path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Command and Conquer Red Alert 3\
Started game with: "RA3.exe "
Caught CREATE_PROCESS_DEBUG_EVENT from Red Alert 3. Detaching...
Found game.dat process. PID 2363924
*** Starting CA public key patching routine ***
ERROR: Reading process memory failed. Error: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed.

ERROR: Reading process memory failed. Error: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed.

ERROR: CA public key differs from expected value. Not patching.
ERROR: CA public key patching routine failed.

#4 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  •  I have blue text?

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:38 AM

I've sent you a PM about this.

#5 Bibber

Bibber
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:06 PM

I've sent you a PM about this.

Why do you always send PMs and don't let the people here know what's wrong?

sig_bibbersurft.jpg

#6 Blade

Blade

title available

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:49 AM

Ha ha, I was actually just thinking that the other day, why all so secretive about this error, does it give away too much about what the launcher does to inject the new server addresses into the game?

#7 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  •  I have blue text?

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:10 AM

I thought Biber already knew this. We have a solution to some of these problems but it does not have an installer (we just built one very recently and it's not tested yet) and has to be installed manually.   The solution is not at all applicable to many common problems either, and we don't want people attempting to apply it wrongly and then coming in here and asking why things aren't working.    In case it's  not apparent, we are very stretched in here right now. 

#8 Blade

Blade

title available

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:41 AM

I didn't mean to imply there was anything shady going on with these replies, its just that it makes it look so mysterious when its never mentioned anywhere exactly what the error means, like there is more to it than there probably actually is.

#9 ViperMkVII

ViperMkVII

What is this?

• Project Team
  • 1,010 posts
  •  C&C:Online Red Alert 3 Player~

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:48 PM

I didn't mean to imply there was anything shady going on with these replies, its just that it makes it look so mysterious when its never mentioned anywhere exactly what the error means, like there is more to it than there probably actually is.

Well if you want the exact error, it's because during the development of C&C:Online Launcher, it was only thought to start the game, forgetting about its working directory.
It looks like that only few times that problem will really cause some issues. The issues will sometimes occur in Steam version of game, and the error messages are very weird, for example "Application Load Error", or "ReadProcessMemory failed because of only part of request is completed" (actually it failed because the game process crashed without a valid current directory)
For these reasons, it's hard to diagnose the problem, and we didn't know what caused ituntil Bibber told us about this.

The solution would be using a dll instead of launcher, and the game would be opened by the player himself instead of using a launcher, so we won't have any issues with current directory.

The problem is, we can't just put a random dll on the website and tell users "You guys download this, and put it to your GameDirectory/Data, or GameDirectory/RetailExe/1.2 if it's Kane's Wrath..." etc. We need to make an installer, but since we haven't done that yet, it would be better to send instructions by PM to make sure people won't do the wrong things.

Edited by ViperMkVII, 22 June 2017 - 10:53 PM.

post-219586-1446648251.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users