RA3 steam version on win 7 CNC:online hook issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ValakiHUN728

ValakiHUN728
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 11:49 AM

Hi guys, I just bought RA3 and tried to play coop with my friends, that's when I learnt about CNC:online and I have made a profil based on the guide. I couldn't setup the newest version of CNC:online(2.0.7), because I had error messages during the installation(I'm in administration mode or I don't know how to say it and my anti-virus was closed), the error message was:

"could not write value debugger to key" \Software\microsfot\windows\NT\Current Version\Image file execution options\generals.exe

So I downloaded the older version 2.0.6 which should be okay for multiplayer(I believe), becuase the text logs write this:

C&C:Online 2.0.6 Released 2014-12-03

• Updated server domain names. You will need this version to play in the future!

The game cannot be launched from the CNC:online launcher. When I do that the RA3 launcher thing pops up like when I start the game from steam, but the game doesn't start in that case. I tried to do it with hooking, but when I select hook RA3 there is only a little loading icon next to my mouse for a second and nothing happens(my anti-virus is still closed) and no check marker or error message or anything. I started the game in steam and tried to loggin, because I thought that maybe the check marker is bugged or something like that and the game would work, but when I enter every detail what the online login requires, there's only an error message about some backened server or something. 

I'm thankful for every bit of help. :) 

That's most of the detail about my problem, but of course I can specify things, if needed. 

#2 ValakiHUN728

ValakiHUN728
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 11:51 AM

Oh and I have tried the fixes, which were on the common issues post, but it still doesn't work :/ 

I "solved" the cnc:online setup problem based on this post: https://forums.revor...online-to-work/

I tried to hook the game up again, didn't work.

I tried to start RA3 for the CNC:online launcher but same thing.
I started RA3 through steam and then hit the RA3 button in the CNC:online launcher but it only bring the game from my tray, though when this time I check the CNC:online log in the TEMP folder it wasn't empty, it contained this:

----- C&C:Online Launcher Start -----
Game: Red Alert 3
Red Alert 3 Install Path: C:\Laci\Steam\steamapps\common\Command and Conquer Red Alert 3\
Started game with: "RA3.exe "
Caught CREATE_PROCESS_DEBUG_EVENT from Red Alert 3. Detaching...
ERROR: game.dat process not found.

Red Alert 3 Install Path: C:\Laci\Steam\steamapps\common\Command and Conquer Red Alert 3\

Found game.dat process. PID 5988

Found game.dat process. PID 59885988

Found game.dat process. PID 598859885988

Edited by ValakiHUN728, 24 June 2017 - 12:37 PM.

#3 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 24 June 2017 - 12:53 PM

I've sent you a PM about this.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#4 ValakiHUN728

ValakiHUN728
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 12:57 PM

Soo I tried a few tricks based on this post: https://forums.revor...ill-not-launch/

Basically I launched RA3 via steam and I shut down the RA3 launcher in the task manager, after that I launched RA3 through CNC:online and I could log into the network. Well I hope this works for other times as well, if so then I guess it's fixed. BUT I would still appreciate any help or fix about hooking, because I would be a lot easier than do this method everytime, and I'm not sure it will work everytime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users