Photo

BFME 2 starting issues

Best Answer ICT, 05 July 2017 - 09:30 PM

It sounds like the options.ini is not correct.

Please double check, that it is really an .ini file, not .ini.txt or something.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 11:29 AM

As so many others, I cannot start BFME2 on my windows 10 computer.  I have searched the internet and doen a lot of stuff, you guys seem to know your shit, so I figured to give it one last shot before I accept that Ill never play this game again (sniff). 

What happens : Game gets stuck on the Windows Desktop showing me the little loading picture. Actually uses some CPU and RAM for a while, then stops, crashes a while after with the message "stopped working". Affects both Vanilla and RotWK exactly the same. 

What have I tried:

options.ini fix : didnt work

making sure my nvidia GPU is set as standard, tried to start with "run with GPU" : didnt work

tried every compatibility: didnt work

tried running as admin: didnt work

tried compatibility and admin in combination...didnt work

dowloaded driectX -redist that someone linked in another thread in this forum, didnt work

anything else I could try? 

damn WarnerBros being greedy and making us play 11 year old games, i want BFME 3. 

#2 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 01 July 2017 - 02:09 PM

Just as a test, are you able to run bfme1 on patch 1.06?
(You can find the installation guidelines here in the subforum in a sticky)

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#3 PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 02:20 PM

I tried, didnt work.  I have the EA classics version, im not sure which patch that is. should i try to install the patch 1.09? 

EDIT: hold up, i just now realized i read your post wrong. im on it

Edited by PrivateJoker, 01 July 2017 - 02:22 PM.

#4 PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 02:45 PM

Alright tried it. Got a "exception access violation". 

#5 PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 08:25 PM

Looks like Im a hopeless case? :(

#6 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:04 PM

So for bfme1, do you have an options.ini? you start as admin and in xpsp3 compatibility mode?

For bfme2: Try to get the game running in the original version without any of the patches. This has to work first. Then you add one of the patches after another  - and we know it's not from faulty patch installations.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#7 PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:47 AM

i actually dont have an options.ini for bfme1. 

should i mayve deinstall and try to download the games from this site instead of installing it from my CDs? 

thanks for your responses, by the way. :)

Edited by PrivateJoker, 03 July 2017 - 08:48 AM.

#8 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 03 July 2017 - 09:24 AM

Make sure you have an appropriate options.ini for all bfme games in their respective directories (there are some topics around here dealing with it https://forums.revor...ni#entry1059125 etc)

It shouldn't matter if you install from your CD or using our iso files, they should be identical.

#9 PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:18 PM

for bfme 1: made a options.ini with the right stuff inside it and a maps folder, didnt change anything. 

bfme2: gonna try a reinstall and look then. 

EDIT: reinstalled bfme2, it didnt even make a "my bfme2 data" folder this time, so i made one myself and inserted options.ini and made a maps folder. didnt help. 

getting desperate. do you think downgrading to win 8 would help? EDIT2: cant go down to win 8 anymore apparently, but i still got a win 7 lying around :D

Edited by PrivateJoker, 03 July 2017 - 07:19 PM.

#10 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:30 PM

You are sure you are running bfme1 in xpsp3 compatibility and as admin?

#11 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:32 PM

Can you attach the launcher log file from your %temp% directory?

#12 PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:21 AM

I cant find it, in which temp folder is it supposed to be? 

#13 Jokuc

Jokuc

Hardcore Procrastinator

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 04 July 2017 - 05:23 PM

getting desperate. do you think downgrading to win 8 would help? EDIT2: cant go down to win 8 anymore apparently, but i still got a win 7 lying around :D

I don't think you need to do that. There has to be another fix. I have both bfme1 and 2 running on w10 just fine.

#14 PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:35 PM

Anyone know where i can find this launcher log? i cant find it in the temp data. 

You think resetting win10 could help?

#15 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:30 PM   Best Answer

It sounds like the options.ini is not correct.

Please double check, that it is really an .ini file, not .ini.txt or something.

#16 PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:04 AM

oh my F ing god, I cant believe I made that stupid mistake. It works now. Thank you for all your help. 

#17 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:56 AM

Hey awesome ;). Have fun!

#18 PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:43 AM

Alrdy had a test round with the Men of the West vs hard AI. Ill do some more and then I hope to get my feet wet in MP, lets see if 7 years of SC2 taught me anything thatll be useful here :D

while were at it...my T3A name is what i type in for my "ea account name", so what i type as nickname basically dont matter? 

and does this work with the HD edition?

Edited by PrivateJoker, 06 July 2017 - 12:09 PM.

#19 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:33 PM

Yes it works with the HD edition. Hook your game in the launcher menu, then close the launcher and start the game (rightclick, run as admin) with the HD edition shortcut.

Your login info is your server account from http://t3aonline.net/ and your nickname can be whatever you like (as long as it is not already taken).

Make sure to join our discord server too: http://discord.gg/acP7Ans

PS. Play BFME1 as well ;)

#20 drdestruction6

drdestruction6
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 02:28 AM

I'm having issues getting BFME to even start. I downloaded it following the instructions on the installation guide, and I'm getting stuck on mounting the mini-image. I use windows 10, and even after mounting the mini image with wincdemu (older version of daemon tools doesn't work on windows 10), upon starting bfme 2, it says that i need to insert the correct cd and restart the application

(I've downloaded both patches).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users