#1 Stefsn_X

Stefsn_X
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • Projects:Getting into KW

Posted 28 August 2017 - 11:30 AM

Moin Zusammen,

for English please scroll down.

Mich hat das Command & Conquer Fieber wieder gepackt. Back to the Roots sage ich nur. Würde gerne auch online zocken. 
1. Frage: Gibts es eine Möglichkeit, das Reform Creative Network (RCN) zu nutzen, wenn ich mir alle 16 C&C Teile über Saturn per Origin Code downloade, oder benötige ich hierzu die CD's?

2. Frage: Bin leider auf Apple umgestiegen. Das RCN funktioniert jedoch nur auf Windows. Gibt es noch andere Möglichkeiten, ohne irgendetwas im Betriebssystem zu splitten um das auch auf dem Mac zum laufen zu bekommen? Am besten nichts umständliches. Meine IT Kenntnisse sind beschränkt. ;)

Besten Dank.

What's up guys. 

Command and Conquer fever caught me again. Just saying, old but gold. However, I wanna play it also online again. 

1. Question: Is there a possibility to also use Reform Creative Network by having bought all C&C parts using an origin code via Saturn? Or will I need the discs?

2. Question: Is there a possibility to use Reform Creative Network also on Apple Mac since it's designed for Microsoft Windows. Without splitting things on my Mac. My knowledge about IT stuff is hardly nothing. Would be awesome getting a smart and simple solution.

Thanks guys. 

#2 Stefsn_X

Stefsn_X
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:04 PM

Can be closed.

#3 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 02 September 2017 - 07:22 AM

What was the answer? Usually we tell people that this service does not work with MACs so you have to use Boot Camp and install a Windows partition. I have an experimental solution and although I am not hopeful that it will work, I would like to try it.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#4 Stefsn_X

Stefsn_X
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 08:48 AM

I did not find a solution for that. 

What I found is the following:

There is an programm, with which you do not have to do an separate partition. It's more like a program, that feigns the program to be an app. And then it's like playing the games inside an app on the MacBook. That's pretty nice. 

Unfortunately, "gentool" and "C&C:Online Launcher version 2.0.7" does not work on MACs. 

The tool which feigns the program to be an app is called porting kit. 

Link: https://www.paulthetall.com

That is his website. I guess you will get through it quickly. He also did some youtube videos in order to show how it works. 

But the jumping point is (that may sound weird, but it is an German adage), this Topic is ready to be closed. Unless you got some more questions of getting the game running on MACs. 

Best regards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users