bfme exception_violation_error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SyntaxS

SyntaxS
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 04:49 PM

I am playing BFME1 for 3 weeks now and the game "crashes" with the  EXCEPTION_VIOLATION_ERROR after playing a long time straight.

The error mostly occures when i am playing more than 3 hours which  happens when i'm playing online.

I also have recognized that the Location  is not always the same (but they are all in game.dat) and so is the log in the top right corner.

- using Patch 1.06

- operating system : Windows 10 

- running game in compatibility "Windows XP (Service Pack2)                              (have not tried any other compatibility modes yet)

- it is running as an admin and i am using the "T3A:Online for BFME"-launcher

So far there are no other problems occuring in the game or anything else.    

Attached Thumbnails

• Exception.PNG

#2 OSHsilence

OSHsilence
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:34 PM

Edited by OSHsilence, 04 September 2017 - 12:56 AM.

#3 ICT

ICT

-

• Division Admins
  • 2,890 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:02 AM

Does it happen during a game? Of yes, check whether it happens only on specific maps like Andrast when you hover over the right side of the map where water effects are. Then it is likely a bug with the graphics card. You can try to set it to internal CPU only.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#4 SyntaxS

SyntaxS
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 01:10 PM

Yeah, it  happens during the game, but it is not map-specific. I played on nearly every  map now (in singleplayer) and it seems more likely to be random when the game gets the error. Sometimes i can play really long and the next time it may "chrashes" after 5 minutes of play.

But i recognized that it is happening more often when I am typing the Windows-Button on my keyboard to see if someone is online or not. Last time beeing online i only started my game and played without looking if others were online and it ran ~4 hours just fine..

Could it be that i put the game into a sort of "pause state" even if it wants to run, as it should?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bfme, exception_violation_error

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users