Photo

Could not connect to C&C Generals Zero Hour Online

Best Answer JodyHighroller, 12 September 2017 - 04:07 AM

Christ. I figured it out. I had that damned McAfee antivirus software installed, and it blocked port 6667 for whatever reason. Thank you for your help Toxic!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JodyHighroller

JodyHighroller
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:12 AM

So I posted a couple weeks ago, with no success, however I moved since then and have bought my own router and am now on my home network, so I should have full access to anything blocking me from connecting to online, however, I am still unable to log in. I am running on windows 10, have tried the compatibility modes and running as administrator, tried a VPN, and tried disabling my firewalls.  I followed the instructions on the setup page carefully, and have my own server, and my friend is able to log onto my server on his computer, but I cannot. It knows when I get my password wrong, however when I enter it correctly I am only met with "Could not connect to..." Any help would be greatly appreciated.

These are the results of a powershell test I ran:

PS C:\Users\(MYNAME)> Test-NetConnection peerchat.server.cnc-online.net -port 6667
WARNING: TCP connect to peerchat.server.cnc-online.net:6667 failed

ComputerName           : peerchat.server.cnc-online.net
RemoteAddress          : 46.166.178.165
RemotePort             : 6667
InterfaceAlias         : Wi-Fi
SourceAddress          : 192.168.0.3
PingSucceeded          : True
PingReplyDetails (RTT) : 167 ms
TcpTestSucceeded       : False

Additionally, my last attempted logins were at 11:09 PM pacific time, so they can be found in the server log. I tried logging in with the correct password twice, and then the incorrect password twice.

Thanks for any assistance! 

EDIT - Also, I am running the Origin version of Zero Hour from C&C Ultimate Collection

Edited by JodyHighroller, 11 September 2017 - 06:13 AM.

#2 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:17 AM

OK it looks like your provided is blocking the Peer Chat (TCP Port 6667), either that or you have it blocked on your modem (which is unlikely unless you did that yourself).

You could use a VPN to get round that but I would ask Comcast if they are blocking the port and whether they can remove the block before you do anything like that.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#3 JodyHighroller

JodyHighroller
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:46 AM

Alright, so I have discovered that my network is not the problem, my computer seems to be. My friend is able to log on just fine using his computer on my network. What could it be on my computer that isn't giving me access to port 6667? Thanks for the reply.

#4 JodyHighroller

JodyHighroller
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:07 AM   Best Answer

Christ. I figured it out. I had that damned McAfee antivirus software installed, and it blocked port 6667 for whatever reason. Thank you for your help Toxic!

#5 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:09 AM

I was just about to suggest that. :D    Glad you got it working.   HF

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users