hero mod rotwk glorfindel

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 WinterSoldier55

WinterSoldier55
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:41 PM

I read the tutorial "Ultimate beginner's guide. New hero, many topics". It helped me with modding a lot!

I am having a very strange problem that no one else seems to be running into.

First of all, I have the RotWK Collector's edition which is apart of the BFME Anthology pack. I downloaded the 2.02 v7.0.0 update that was released September of this year. I'm assuming that  2.02 v6.0.0 was used at the time of writing the above tutorial so I tried reverting to that update as well.

Secondly, I am attempting to give Glorfindel a 5th power (specifically Lightning Sword). Using the tutorial, and other tutorials from that website, I was unable to successfully modify ANYTHING on Glorfindel. At first, I questioned whether or not I was "doing it" correctly. I'm clearly able to mod other things. For example, I am able to create a CaH sublcass called the Battle Mage without any problems! So I am going through the modding process correctly in other areas.

For some reason, I cannot add a power to Glorfindel or even successfully mod any aspect of the unit. I attempted changing minor things in the code like his command set in Commandset.ini. I attempted to comment out all of his powers (2-5), but when I launch the game, his powers remain in the palantir. Maybe this change should not affect the palantir, but some of these small changes I am  making should bear consequence when I launch the game.

I have a feeling my changes to Glorfindel are being overwritten somehow. I'm wondering if mods only work on cracked versions of Rotwk.

I have attached my files to this message.

Thanks everyone!

Attached Files

#2 Echo

Echo

T3A:Online

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  • Projects:Lot3A
  •  ~~
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:19 PM

As you suggested, another file seems to override your .big file. Are you modding using the -mod command or are you modding directly in your RotWK game folder?

26285.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users