• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:01 AM

Master of Rolfness finally has found the mod.

https://www.youtube....h?v=vpgxhG1hvrA

#2 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:38 AM

Does he like it?

#3 ombrephenix

ombrephenix
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 04:40 AM

Am not able to judge the gameplay criticism .(translation is bad) But the video has the merit of revealing many of our mistakes .The gameplay requires updates for the consistency of the design of the faction. Notably the squad of command .. I think the Major is not in the right place. Personally I always visualized his role as an independent character.Hero with two vocations, being the main leader for the design and that of the Hunter / Assassin for the gamepelay .. A support character with aura (AOE) for the command part or become a gifted sniper with his wargear (equipment and pet).

You can see the lack of coherence in the video when there are 3 Major in Lieutenant Colonel's Command Squad.

This model as well as the commissioner and the lieutenants are Wip. I have scheduled special capacity support for the Major. You must consider the current lieutenant colonel as the WIP of two separate characters (currently it is a ramdon at the level of the heads). Each character being in my gameplay design would become a major tactical choice of the gameplay. It also lacks a (younger) lieutenant to manage the t1 / t2 of the Mod.(Wip)

#4 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:28 AM

That's cool.

The video footage is not the most awesome, either. The speed is higher than usual I think and the resolution makes the textures blurred.

I think a list is needed to point out those traits which are bugs or need improvement or extra work. I start with those I recall, you can add more issues as long you find or think of them:

- New basilisk model (wip)

- Possible retexture of vehicles to another color pattern

- Some extra teamcolours

- Enable squad weapons to shoot air units

- Teamcolour the mortar guns? (they are awfully green)

- Edit the sway_time in some ebps lua because it is wrong: too low value makes the squad units to jitter as they run instead of keeping a more steady relative position. (I'm doing this now)

- Lieutenant model (?)

- Command squad and heroes new configuration

- Entrenched heavy weapon team models (?)

As a summary the army is currently strongly reliant on artillery, air strikes and heavy weapons, backed up with strong than average ranged squads; the mechanized part is average (I understand that intentionally made since it is difficult to send reinforcements or to develop good infrastructure for other vehicles). To add close combat capacity there are the orks allies and to add powerful and quick attacks the Afriel squads as pseudo stormtroopers.

For me it's fine if you put them in a grand scheme where other guard armies are more oriented to vehicles like SL or even Vostroyan and Praetorian are tougher in the infantry and artillery section.

Edited by Roderick, 23 September 2017 - 10:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users