Photo

Cant sync up game with friends. Even on LAN games.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kid-Smasher

Kid-Smasher
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:41 AM

So i have run through your troubleshooters and the fourms and so far i havent found anybody with this problem. We are able to get into a game lobby either on the CNC online servers OR LAN but when the game is launched each person fails to see the other load and after a 30 seconds or so the game starts with the disconnect screen and the game is then over.

So far we have tried clean installs on all computers all using separate paid copies through Origin (Ultimate edition). We have gone through the FAQ for common solutions where you check settings and download a different launcher but to no avail. 

Below it the trouble shooter however since we cant play on lan i am thinking this is a game problem. Your thoughts and help are appreciated.

===========
  SUCCESS
===========
Received 3 pings from nntest.cnc-online.net:40000.
NAT negotiation works with your router and connection.
==> You do not have to use port forwarding.
Press any key to continue . . .

#2 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:26 AM

I see you have been attempting to play Zero Hour.      You both need to make sure that you are running your games as administrator and with WindowsXP  SP3 compatibility.      Not doing that is known to cause a similar issue.       You don't say if this problem occurs for either of you when you try to play with other players.        It might be helpful to establish that because not entering the game serial number on installation can also cause a similar issue.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#3 Kid-Smasher

Kid-Smasher
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:51 AM

We can play with other players just fine. Will test the settings and report back.

#4 Kid-Smasher

Kid-Smasher
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:03 AM

I see you have been attempting to play Zero Hour.      You both need to make sure that you are running your games as administrator and with WindowsXP  SP3 compatibility.      Not doing that is known to cause a similar issue.       You don't say if this problem occurs for either of you when you try to play with other players.        It might be helpful to establish that because not entering the game serial number on installation can also cause a similar issue.

Darn just changed the settings and still no luck. Also tried windows 7 settings. All 3 copies are legal purchased copies through Origin. We are all on the same network.

Edited by Kid-Smasher, 18 October 2017 - 04:04 AM.

#5 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:57 AM

It might be a problem with  the game serial number on one of your games. See here https://www.gamerepl...ool&tab=8280900

Q. Why do my buildings explode 30 seconds after match start?
A. Your game key was not correctly copied into your Windows Registry. Uninstall the game and run the installer as Administrator and in Windows XP compatibility to the point where you enter your serial key. Enter the key and click Next once. Open Windows Registry (WINKEY+R, regedit) and browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\ergc. Modify the string value containing your serial key by adding the minus between the number sections. Finish the installation.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users