Photo

Vanilla issues report [Model+Animation related only] Fixes to leech!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 mdcertainty

mdcertainty

Sage-Otaku-Monk

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:37 PM

I was thinking we could use a thread to collect all those pesky issues tiny as they are but still bugging enough to be noticed each time you look at it. Since we now have implemented the bug-fix mod into unification fixing those model/animation issues would be most welcome too.

This thread is meant to collect all issues we are aware of related to Vanilla Races [Model+Animation]. If we have someone available wo actually CAN fix those, has a place to find what needs adressing.

Everyone can post what he thinks needs fixing and I add it here to the 1st post if we really are lucky and find someone with the skills and passion to get rid of those long-time buggers we all win. Feel free to add your findings I shall update this 1st post as mentioned, but please do a very brief description when the issue occurs so its clear and can be found easy.

• Sisters of Battle
    • Repentia idle animation head snaps back into default position after animation cycle is finished
    • Brazier Weapon Canoness + Veteran Sisters. Aim point is far to low resulting in shooting at the bottom not middlle of target (Confessor is fine maybe C&P from him possible?)
    • Plasma Pistol Canoness aim point is far to high resulting in shooting over the aimed target
    • Veteran Superior is missing her chains to her rosarius. Could be copy & pasted from Celestian Veteran Superior.
  • Orks
    • shoota boy foot twitching at the shooting animation, reported by fuggles
    • Tank Busta idle animation ork bites in metal mask, bite depth should be adjusted, thanks to Norwegian_Loki for the reminder (not a priority we have a temp fix in the texture making the "issue parts" invisible)
  • Imperial Guard
    • Captain Aiming to low shooting at the bottom not middlle of target not so bad as Brazier still could use a fix
    • Soulstorm IG campaign general - if he has the plasma gun wargear, it will disappear when playing the animation "sp_talk". (reported by Kasrkin84)
    • Kasrkin fire the plasma gun animation does not fit to the weapon, minor
    • Ogryn's shoulder "clips" through his shirt when stretching arm. You can see it from his back shoulder when he does it, reported by Norwegian_Loki
  • Eldar
    • Avatar of Khaine never uses the sword slide down sync kill since Soulstorm (mdcertainty)

For this, thanks to Kekoulis for going through a lot of trouble to deliver and to Cosmocat as he helped on the Orks fixes. If you want to blame someone for the sloppy read me I am here for you since I just noted from a private conversation without much effort, still better then nothing :p

I do not have dow installed for now and its it up to you to check the folder structure for drag & drop installation.

Spoiler

#EDIT#

outdated might be reuploaded, sooner or later.

Edited by mdcertainty, 18 January 2020 - 12:56 PM.

ec-sig-early.gif

#2 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:56 PM

When it shoots! Agh!!!

#3 ombrephenix

ombrephenix
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 05:47 AM

I note mainly two major problems that must be observed. the game is not intended to be used in "-dev" Mod, I am not measured the real impact of these problems for a normal game. They potentially represent a big memory leak.

1 °) .The "Decay Events" corrupted some generators. Saturate the warning log in "O.E". The main reason for the warnings is the absence of "Markers / Helpers" for the support of "FX". Some models of generators do not seem to have been planned for the support of "Decay".

I myself must update the generators of the Praetorian mod to support the "decay"

2°) Many community-modified models use a common base of models for their work (mainly FoK / PoK). Unfortunately the teams that have created this model base have misjudged the negative impact that one of the properties of the models can have: "ForceSkinning = Yes".
This property is often misuse (Only the banners have justified the use of the property by me at the moment) This property has a limit of use per model (8000/10000 polygons approximately, to be confirmed by tests under "O.E").
Above this limit the model generates display errors in "O.E" and when all the "meshes" of the model are displayed an explosion of the "warning log" (It can reach more than 100 MB in less than 2 minutes).

By extrapolation I tend to say that these models with an error "O.E" in the game can be the cause of "crash".

Edited by ombrephenix, 26 October 2017 - 12:03 PM.

#4 mdcertainty

mdcertainty

Sage-Otaku-Monk

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:54 AM

First post updated thanks fuggles for clearing thing up about the Orks. Added Brazier Weapon Canoness + Veteran Sisters issue and Plasma Pistol. The animation is okay still issues there since the aiming is far off described in 1st post.

@ombrephenix

Very good point thank your for clarifying. Indeed the-dev shotcuts lets rise the error/log/files to an somewhat impressive amount which is irritating for sure. I guess I had a couple of CTD related to this since it might result in memory problems, alas this can't be helped I guess, due to the problem has spread out of control as you mentioned many kitbashed/new/models have this problem with them. The only thing that helps us here is:

A) not using the -dev shortcut while playing "serious" and

B) since we have better hardware available [+ memory and the Large Memory Access patch] the possibilities for CTD due to memory issue has been a bit reduced. Still of course there.

Edited by mdcertainty, 26 October 2017 - 08:01 AM.

ec-sig-early.gif

#5 mdcertainty

mdcertainty

Sage-Otaku-Monk

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:10 AM

Added IG Captain aiming issue to first post.

ec-sig-early.gif

#6 Norwegian_Loki

Norwegian_Loki

title available

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • Projects:Dawn of War Modding

Posted 30 October 2017 - 09:18 PM

Ork tank busta have that mask thing, where He bites the skull mask. The "fix" you made works great for this, so not sure if it should be added here.

#7 mdcertainty

mdcertainty

Sage-Otaku-Monk

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:12 PM

Sure thing Loki buddy, added suggestion to 1st post.

Thanks for the reminder :)

ec-sig-early.gif

#8 mdcertainty

mdcertainty

Sage-Otaku-Monk

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 08:41 AM

The Kasrkin plasma gun animation does not fit the fire animation, minor but still added 1st post.

ec-sig-early.gif

#9 Norwegian_Loki

Norwegian_Loki

title available

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 11:56 PM

Ogryn's shoulder "clips" through his shirt when stretching arm. You can see it from his back shoulder when he does it.

#10 mdcertainty

mdcertainty

Sage-Otaku-Monk

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 05:03 PM

Thanks buddy Loki, added to 1st post.

ec-sig-early.gif

#11 Norwegian_Loki

Norwegian_Loki

title available

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 11:55 AM

Eldar Harlequin. The tip of the Mohawk has a green dot in the front. Probably a simple skin texture issue.

#12 Kasrkin84

Kasrkin84

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • Projects:Strongholds, Unification

Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:24 PM

One minor issue I've found with the Soulstorm IG campaign general - if he has the plasma gun wargear, it will disappear when playing the animation "sp_talk".

#13 mdcertainty

mdcertainty

Sage-Otaku-Monk

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:24 AM

Good finds guys the model issues added to 1st post, thanks. The Eldar Harlequin is most certainly a texture issue. Eldar has plenty of tiny issues there. If you pick the Iyanden sheme [yellow] you see plenty green spots here and there if you look closely on various models, I'm still fixing those [example, bonesinger, banshee also some buildings]. If the green dot is there on every color sheme at the exact size it might be a model issue but I do not think so.

ec-sig-early.gif

#14 mdcertainty

mdcertainty

Sage-Otaku-Monk

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:12 PM

Sob Veteran Superior is missing her chains to her rosarius. Could be copy & pasted from Celestian Veteran Superior.

Edited by mdcertainty, 01 January 2018 - 06:14 PM.

ec-sig-early.gif

#15 Norwegian_Loki

Norwegian_Loki

title available

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:25 PM

Sob Veteran Superior is missing her chains to her rosarius. Could be copy & pasted from Celestian Veteran Superior.

Could we fix it with kit-bashing?

#16 mdcertainty

mdcertainty

Sage-Otaku-Monk

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 07:09 PM

That should do it I presume :D

ec-sig-early.gif

#17 Kekoulis

Kekoulis

Apothecary Novice

• Members
  • 2,151 posts
  • Projects:Emperor's Children
  •  Slaanesh's Glory

Posted 13 July 2019 - 12:42 PM

When it was intended to be part of this model in the first place but forgotten to be added,it is not a kitbash. ;)

It is called ''making it properly''.

ec-sig-early2.gif

Mankind has seen the light,the light of Slaanesh.

#18 Kasrkin84

Kasrkin84

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • Projects:Strongholds, Unification

Posted 13 July 2019 - 06:02 PM

When it was intended to be part of this model in the first place but forgotten to be added,it is not a kitbash. ;)

It is called ''making it properly''.

It's good that the Sisters of Battle like fire so much, because they just got burned.

#19 mdcertainty

mdcertainty

Sage-Otaku-Monk

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 08:19 AM

its been quite some time but now.... behold we have a big incoming fix package. For this, huge thanks to Kekoulis for going through a lot of trouble to deliver and to Cosmocat as he helped on the Ork fixes.

1st post will be updated with the relevant changes and a link where you can leech the package.

Edited by mdcertainty, 16 July 2019 - 08:30 AM.

ec-sig-early.gif

#20 Kekoulis

Kekoulis

Apothecary Novice

• Members
  • 2,151 posts
  • Projects:Emperor's Children
  •  Slaanesh's Glory

Posted 16 July 2019 - 11:29 AM

its been quite some time but now.... behold we have a big incoming fix package. For this, huge thanks to Kekoulis for going through a lot of trouble to deliver and to Cosmocat as he helped on the Ork fixes.

1st post will be updated with the relevant changes and a link where you can leech the package.

Forgot to mention that I added new,fitting firing animations for the plasma to the Karskins. :p

ec-sig-early2.gif

Mankind has seen the light,the light of Slaanesh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users