Photo

You can skip the EULA question in the BFME2 and ROTWK worldbuilder by creating an empty "worldbuilder_noeula.txt" next to it

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 withmorten

withmorten
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 06:11 PM

What the title says. Seems the developers grew annoyed with this too and added that check in BFME2 and ROTWK. Doesn't work in BFME1.

Just create an empty text file called

worldbuilder_noeula.txt

in the game's base directory and it won't ask for confirmation anymore.

Be sure the file is actually called worldbuilder_noeula.txt and not worldbuilder_noeula.txt.txt because you have extensions disabled by Windows default.

#2 Eleddythegreat

Eleddythegreat
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 08:18 PM

Thank you.

#3 withmorten

withmorten
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:41 PM

You're welcome, glad this eased at least someone else's workflow :-)

#4 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:48 AM

Thanks, Withmorten, and welcome! =D

This is a good timesaver as I work with adding in new models for AotR all the time and being able to test them quickly and not waiting for Worldbuilder is fantastic.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#5 Fudge

Fudge

title available

• Project Team
  • 531 posts
  • Projects:Luckily AotR Mapping

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:14 AM

All this time and I never knew this! Shame it doesn't work for BFME 1, but its still a great timesaver for ROTWK.  Just out of curiosity how did you discover this? Cheers withmorten.

#6 withmorten

withmorten
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:48 PM

I was just annoyed by it, had a look at the binary with IDA (a disassembler/decompiler) wanting to just patch the popup out, then noticed the program checks if the file exists right before that popup:

https://i.imgur.com/hD1FGS8.png

Created the file, and the popup was no more, without modifying the binary.

If you're really, really annoyed by the BFME1 worldbuilder popup, I think I already created a patched version of it that I could send you. If I could actually get it to run one of these days again I could check ... keeps giving me that "access violation" error.

Edit: Yup, already patched the BFME1 worldbuilder. This is why I still keep a WinXP laptop lol

Edited by withmorten, 13 November 2017 - 04:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users