Sabotuer/Arsonists are pure evil

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 FATEdPondera

FATEdPondera
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:20 AM

okay, I just finished a game in a loss. Made lots of my own mistakes, but there is one thing that just makes my blood seethe with rage. And that's sabotuers and arsonists. The AI makes a MILLION of the goddamn things, and can control all of it units at once while I can only look in one place at a time. I mean, it's like I'm doing well, look back to my base to wonder why I can't churn out more Abrams, and most of my base is one fire because one of the little bastards slipped the net. How the heck do I keep them out?! I've tried dogs, but the AI makes a point of killing all of them because they're soviet monsters. Tried walls, but their nasty little wall buster missile fixes that, and one of them will find a little gap in said wall from that ability, slip inside, we're back to square one. I kind of realize that I've already lost the game when I heard "Cash Stolen" "Power sabotaged" "building infiltrated" "tech stolen" one right after another. 

The second part of my problem is that Crazy Ivans absolutely adore putting explosives on my ships, making it next to impossible to keep a decent fleet going (their usefulness about not attacking land targets unless I micro and tell them every single target notwithstanding). So say, by some miracle, I keep the little jerks out of my base. How do I keep them from re-enacting the Cole incident 5 million times a minute? I mean, making ships pricey AND extremely vulnerable to bombs like this? AND making it so that engineers can't save them even if I do spot the bomb in time? Kind of ruins the fun of the idea of fleet combat, y'know? I mean, it was kind of funny when my SEALS could plant C4 on a Russian sub and blast it to pieces, but not so much fun when they do it to me better than I could do it to them. 

#2 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:25 AM

1. Use Terror Drones/Sensor towers/Robo tanks/Lol foehn good luck/Stingers/Dogs in bases. Esspecialy keep them around most valuable buildings to infiltrate.

2. Seawolves/Dolphins (lol)/Rocketeers/Any kind of air support should make the job if you keep them near your fleet.

#3 FATEdPondera

FATEdPondera
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:50 AM

Now, for Clarification's sake... 

Saboteur - acts as a spy, but blows up when I kill one. Does not stash bombs. Can disguise and must be constantly watched for. 

Arsonist - disguises as well, but stashes napalm bombs but cannot do this to ships because water? Can only bomb structures

Crazy Ivan - Hateful little fleet destroyers that I'm trying to keep the hell away from my big expensive aircraft carrier. Cannot disguise, and dolphins will automatically spot and smoke them? 

I ask because, well, you are not the worst MO player. I AM, and while I might come across as a bit annoyed, I am actually trying to solve this issue and not scream for nerfs. I can't imagine a soviet enemy without the constant threat of sabotage and treachery. 

#4 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 07 November 2017 - 08:27 AM

At least it's not PsiCorps Elites that will steal your fleet as opposed to just destroy them :shiftee:

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#5 doctormedic

doctormedic

Giver of Demolition trucks

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 08:37 AM

Im more interested on actualy finding someone who uses those units

#6 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:23 PM

FATEdPondera, i just dropped you major counters for those units. Sabo/Arsonist will be always attacked by any kind of disgiose detection (which i mentioned already), while Ivans will be autotargeted by anything. You just need something to not let them get close.

you are not the worst MO player. I AM,

Nein.

#7 TrollWarlord

TrollWarlord
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 07:33 AM

1. Use Terror Drones/Sensor towers/Robo tanks/Lol foehn good luck/Stingers/Dogs in bases. Esspecialy keep them around most valuable buildings to infiltrate.

Coronia has Roadrunners for spy elimination, aside from standard Claivoyants which can only stun spies. So I guess good luck Haihead and Last Bastion

#8 doctormedic

doctormedic

Giver of Demolition trucks

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:09 AM

haihead doesnt need any luck to win games

besides,finding ways to send spies to foehn in general should be the least of your concerns

Edited by doctormedic, 08 November 2017 - 08:09 AM.

#9 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:37 PM

what about Duplicants btw?

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#10 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:59 PM

Oh right, foehn have OpieOP grids. WHo needs gates?

#11 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 06:40 PM

okay, I just finished a game in a loss. Made lots of my own mistakes, but there is one thing that just makes my blood seethe with rage. And that's sabotuers and arsonists. The AI makes a MILLION of the goddamn things, and can control all of it units at once while I can only look in one place at a time. I mean, it's like I'm doing well, look back to my base to wonder why I can't churn out more Abrams, and most of my base is one fire because one of the little bastards slipped the net. How the heck do I keep them out?! I've tried dogs, but the AI makes a point of killing all of them because they're soviet monsters. Tried walls, but their nasty little wall buster missile fixes that, and one of them will find a little gap in said wall from that ability, slip inside, we're back to square one. I kind of realize that I've already lost the game when I heard "Cash Stolen" "Power sabotaged" "building infiltrated" "tech stolen" one right after another. 

The second part of my problem is that Crazy Ivans absolutely adore putting explosives on my ships, making it next to impossible to keep a decent fleet going (their usefulness about not attacking land targets unless I micro and tell them every single target notwithstanding). So say, by some miracle, I keep the little jerks out of my base. How do I keep them from re-enacting the Cole incident 5 million times a minute? I mean, making ships pricey AND extremely vulnerable to bombs like this? AND making it so that engineers can't save them even if I do spot the bomb in time? Kind of ruins the fun of the idea of fleet combat, y'know? I mean, it was kind of funny when my SEALS could plant C4 on a Russian sub and blast it to pieces, but not so much fun when they do it to me better than I could do it to them. 

Make a line of defense around your base, and put dogs behind the defense line on patrol duty. Or put them on patrol routes encircling buildings that are susceptible to infiltration. Or just don't build any infantry at all that can be copied, works for me in skirmish. The AI always targets either the Conyard, the war factory, or the battle lab equivalent with Wallbusters, so if you for example wall off your radar, it should be just fine. What's kinda stupid is that the AI builds spies as tier 1 units, it's plain bullshit. As for the ivans, sending out navy on its own is always a bad idea. Send amphibious or aerial units that are effective against infantry, and Ivans shouldn't be a problem. Allies have Rocketeers and SEALs, Epsilon has Invaders, Foehn has Buzzards, and the Soviets have Borillos.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#12 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 11:36 AM

Pyro and Tesla is also an option, as well as Halftrack/Tigr

Allied has reliable Robot Tank