How do I make a new building model?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Emperor of the East

Emperor of the East

A simple guy who likes to think factually

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Projects:Easterling Faction for RotWK and the Planet Thertia novels.

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:15 PM

Hello, everyone!

I have made some very wise decisions lately about my upcoming mod 'Empire of the East'. However, one of my decisions which was not to borrow from other people's mods unless they give me permission to borrow lead me to wanting to make almost every new building I want to add from scratch. The problem with this, as I see it, is that I not only don't know off the top of my head how to make new models for new buildings, but I did a good 10+ minutes of Bing searches for a tutorial on how to make a new building model. Could not find one... may I have some help please? Thank you!

~EotE

"You cannot know anything; only suspect. You must suspect to be wrong. To have overlooked, something, anticipate."

~Malik Al-Sayf, from the original Assassin's Creed from 2007

Yes, I do live by this advice to the best of my ability.

#2 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  • Projects:Wars of The Firstborn
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 24 November 2017 - 11:51 AM

First of all, congrats on your decision. LEt's hope it is wise.

Second, You must understand how BFME engine works and how to set up your programs to import/export w3d. If you already know this, very good, otherwise there are a bunch of tutorials that show how.

Third, there is no 'way' to do buildings, at least not BFME specifically, so you can look on any tutorial that implies making a building. The only thing to keep in mind is, since it's an RTS game and a pretty old engine, the poly count should be reasonable.

Hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users