error startup

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 magispitt

magispitt
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:31 PM

As the title says, I've encountered an error starting up the game after installing an update; I played the game last night and it worked fine but I can't get it to start now.

The error message is pretty short so I'm guessing it's something simple I'm missing?

https://imgur.com/TvQAxUo

Edited by magispitt, 30 November 2017 - 08:35 PM.

#2 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:59 PM

Did you follow the instructions in the pinned topic about the game installation?

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#3 samship14

samship14
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 03:34 AM

I keep getting this with my friend and we just download it plz help

#4 PvtCowboy

PvtCowboy
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 05:12 AM

i keep getting this problem too, please, ive been trying to play for weeks

#5 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:23 AM

Please answer my question.or we won't be able to help any of you.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#6 iaMiro

iaMiro
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:41 PM

I followed the instructions and installed the game fine. I played it once last night, then this morning I tried to boot it up again. A message about an update came up, so I let it update, but now I get this error message when trying to play the game.

My install directory is C:Program Files (x86)/EA Games/The Battle for Middle-Earth ™ where I can launch the application lotrbfme.exe. From this application it lets me try to launch the game the same way I did last time, but is stopped by the above error message.

I have all other BFME files in this directory. The update came with a new file: C:Program Files (x86)/Revora/T3AOnline, which has a different looking application that can try to open BFME1, BFME2, and the expansion ROTWK. Another error message occurs for trying to open BFME1 from this app.

I tried moving the Revora folder into the BFME folder and also moved files from the T3AOnline folder into the BFME folder, replacing existing files with the same names, hoping it could help, no dice. Reinstalling the game now w/o update until I feel comfortable with it working.

#7 darn0k

darn0k
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:46 PM

me and ma homie got the same problem, anyone able to help? it worked before....

#8 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:35 PM

Run the launcher as admin should help. Make sure your antivir doesn't block the launcher.

#9 darn0k

darn0k
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:27 AM

cheers for the answer man. we just used the old launcher. but havent been able to play online. i was in the game lobbys but at the start it always disconnected..

#10 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:44 PM

You have to read the topic on connections issues. Usually it's a port forwarding or a firewall issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users