Making gates rebuildable

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RoccoTheStiff

RoccoTheStiff
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:37 AM

Hey all, got a question. I made a BFME I style Gondor castle but am using Amon Sul gates as front door. Problem is when the AI breaks it, i cannot rebuild it unless i do wallhub and seal the breach with walls so to speak.

Is there nything i can do in worldbuilder to make them rebuildable?

Thanks for any answers :D

#2 Jokuc

Jokuc

Hardcore Procrastinator

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:46 PM

Short answer: No.

Long answer:

I haven't checked the specific object you're using but I'm pretty sure you'd have to create a rebuild property for that object in its ini file to make that work. You'll obviously have to know how to edit ini files to do this, it's not something you can change in worldbuilder unless you use another gate which already has the rebuild option. I'm not way too familiar with animation states and such, so might be a good idea to search for a thread about adding rebuild to a building (you can search "how to add [name of a relevant module/state, like the one I mention below] to building" or something like that). If you take a look at the ini for another building that you can repair such as a Signal Fire, Outpost etc, you might find the code you're looking for there. I would assume the Module Tag IWantRubble is something you'd want to add. Same goes for the GenericSelfRepairCommandSet. There's probably more to it, like adding rebuild animations and such, in case it has any good ones which can be used.

Edited by Jokuc, 10 December 2017 - 08:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users