Trooyy - SDZ Exploit - Confirmed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Peralva

Peralva
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:33 AM

A report of SDZ Exploit in a game played in Zero Hour has been made against Trooyy (Revora Member JonathanRiachi) and the adjudicator has found the report to be valid.

The report and the decision may be found on gamereplays here: Trooyy - SDZ Exploit.
I give Trooyy three clear days to explain himself. If I do not hear from him within that time, the report will be confirmed and a sanction may be imposed. The explanation and any mitigation may be given here or in the report topic on gamereplays.

#2 retbull

retbull
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:31 PM

Hi,

As I saw someone doing it in a 2v2 about a week ago, I gave it a try. I thought it was more of a "trick" than "cheating".

I said exactly the same to the players and asked them politely about it, yet all responses I got were very rude and irrelevant.

That was the first game I used it in, and of course stopped after their insults.

I only started playing a few month ago, so it's just recently that I saw a player using it.

#3 Peralva

Peralva
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 01:33 AM

Thank you, retbull, but even though you may have started playing with this account a month ago, the reported nick was from your other account, JonathanRiachi, and this one plays since May.

About the SDZ exploit, I'm afraid that thinking it was a trick doesn't absolve you, so I'm confirming the report. However, ToxicShock may, at his own discretion, use your statement as a mitigant.

Edited by Peralva, 15 December 2017 - 01:38 AM.

#4 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 15 December 2017 - 05:54 PM

Hi retbull.

At present, I do not think I can reduce the standard penalty based only on what you say, although, given that you have appeared here, I intend to impose a 10 day suspension instead of the full 14 days because that is the standard penalty for players that come here and explain themselves after a conviction.

I do have a difficulty though, because you are writing here from a different account to the one you have been using online.     It is against the rules here to hold more than one account.    Can you explain why you are using a different account now?     That is not something that will operate heavily against you, but I need to know the reason and most likely I will have to disable one of the accounts permanently.

I am going to suspend the JonathanRiachi and the retbull account on the game server, starting from now and all things being equal, that suspension will be for the shorter period of 10 days in respect of the JonathanRiachi account.      Unless there is a very good reason to the contrary, I will have to disable permanently one of the accounts on the gameserver and on these forums too.    I will wait to hear what you have to say before I do that.

JonathanRiachi and retbull suspended from C&C:Online until after 25 December 2017

I strongly suggest that you do not attempt to use any other account to play online during the suspension, because that will very likely result in a considerably longer suspension being imposed.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#5 retbull

retbull
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 06:31 PM

Hi ToxicShock,

Replying to Perlava, when I mentioned a few month ago, I think I created my original account around May 2017, that's what I meant. 

I believe this penalty is understandable, though having just taken some time off from work for the holidays, I don't like the timing. But I would really like if you believe me that I did not know that it was against the rules. I'm not a pro player by any means so I was just giving it a try after seeing someone else using it almost a week before, I asked him about why he was doing it and did not get an answer nor anyone had any comment about it (we were in a 2v2 match). That's why I thought it was kind of intended to work like that since you already investing a microwave tank for it. I actually said the same thing in-game.

As for why I replied on this account, it wasn't intentional, I was logged on it automatically. I only created this account because I realized that my wins are no longer recorded on the other one. My wins are being recorded on this one though, but I am not fully sure if that will continue since I tried 2 names on my original account and wins get capped around 14 and 16. 

Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users