#21 Kekoulis

Kekoulis

Apothecary Novice

• Members
  • 1,570 posts
  • Projects:Emperor's Children
  •  Slaanesh's Glory

Posted 29 May 2019 - 01:05 PM

So now max exports without an error, but random textures and parts of the turret are missing when I look at animations in OE.

For example, in max the idle_1 animation looks ok, but when I look at it in OE the turret is missing.

Edit: Ok so the model shows ingame now but without animation. I think its because the ref and animation files don't have the same mesh but I still don't how to add the new model to old animations.

If you add new meshes,without adding them in a vis file(without the forcenvisible=yes),then they will be registered as invisible when exporting by default.

Always do that when adding new meshes to the ref.

Said vis file(example,vis_master)should be attached in OE in a motion that is attached to all sub-actions(like default or melee_attack),to allow the emshes to be visible in-game.

ec-sig-early2.gif

Mankind has seen the light,the light of Slaanesh.

#22 Moreartillery

Moreartillery
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 10:09 AM

Where is the vis file? I can't find it.

Also it appears theres no longer a full tutorial out there for the OE, I only found a partial tutorial here:

https://sites.google...utorials/hh-tut

#23 Kekoulis

Kekoulis

Apothecary Novice

• Members
  • 1,570 posts
  •  Slaanesh's Glory

Posted 30 May 2019 - 05:47 PM

Also it appears theres no longer a full tutorial out there for the OE, I only found a partial tutorial here:

Your model(Hydra)should have in the animations folder some files called vis_all or Vis_(name of what is emant to be showed).

Yeah,HH are the only reimeinants of OE that I know. :/

Most is trial and error now.

But,it should be pretty easy to take it up.

Just remember.Each animation must be linked to its specific motion.Then each motion is attached to its appropiate action.Is the motion idle?

Then it will be a at idle,etc

And now my question.What do you want to do exactly with the Hydra?

ec-sig-early2.gif

#24 deathwatch78

deathwatch78
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 09:57 PM

Vis_Main or Vis_Master is normally the go to files on dow1 models, Generally they are what you want to show up in a model no mater what it does in game. Some of the original relic models  can be called VIS_Sword,Vis_Bolter and so on. Just hit ctrl+a+2 on key board at the same time and DOW Properties Browers pops up and you can see what is visible and not, and you just click on the invisible dash in browser to make them show or not show pretty easy once you start doing it.

Screenshot_40.png

Edited by deathwatch78, 30 May 2019 - 10:04 PM.

#25 Moreartillery

Moreartillery
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 09:50 PM

Your model(Hydra)should have in the animations folder some files called vis_all or Vis_(name of what is emant to be showed).

Yeah,HH are the only reimeinants of OE that I know. :/

Most is trial and error now.

But,it should be pretty easy to take it up.

Just remember.Each animation must be linked to its specific motion.Then each motion is attached to its appropiate action.Is the motion idle?

Then it will be a at idle,etc

And now my question.What do you want to do exactly with the Hydra?

I just re imported the hydra into max and there is no vis file. But the thunderfire cannon does have one.

I want to increase the hydras rate of fire, the currant fire animation is far too slow for an aa gun. There are a few other units with animations that don't match their actual fire rate that I want to change. And eventually I want to create entirely new models and animate them.

#26 Kekoulis

Kekoulis

Apothecary Novice

• Members
  • 1,570 posts
  •  Slaanesh's Glory

Posted 31 May 2019 - 10:00 PM

I want to increase the hydras rate of fire, the currant fire animation is far too slow for an aa gun. There are a few other units with animations that don't match their actual fire rate that I want to change. And eventually I want to create entirely new models and animate them.

You mean make it fire faster in-game?

If I remember correctly,the Hydra model should have a modifier in its whe(look it into OE).This means that how fast it fires can be changed from Corsix by decreasing the reload time.

Now,if you want to actually redo the animations,just redo them.You do not need to bother with the vis files,unless you add something new.

Not all models use vis_ files.Some use ref_ files instead or just have all meshes visible in all animations.

ec-sig-early2.gif

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: max, dow, 3dmax, 3smax2007, 3dmax2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users