#81 Kekoulis

Kekoulis

Apothecary Novice

• Members
  • 2,071 posts
  • Projects:Emperor's Children
  •  Slaanesh's Glory

Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:07 PM

Hello, I'm trying to import DoW models into 3ds max not for mod purposes, but to export them as .obj files. I've done this easily on DoW2, but can't get them to work for DoW1. When I import the models, there's an error which just imports them without textures and in A poses. I've followed the guide but it won't import the models with textures and animations ready. Have any ideas what I could be doing wrong? I've tried mimicing the steps many times but still no results for the past few days.

Hello there.

Some models unfortunately cause issues with the importer and lead to an unsuccessful result.Unfortunately,it is an issue with the tools themslevs which we can't solve.

Myabe if you could mention which models you wished to import?

ec-sig-early2.gif

Mankind has seen the light,the light of Slaanesh.

#82 Guest_Witch_*

Guest_Witch_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2020 - 06:03 AM

Hello, I'm trying to import DoW models into 3ds max not for mod purposes, but to export them as .obj files. I've done this easily on DoW2, but can't get them to work for DoW1. When I import the models, there's an error which just imports them without textures and in A poses. I've followed the guide but it won't import the models with textures and animations ready. Have any ideas what I could be doing wrong? I've tried mimicing the steps many times but still no results for the past few days.

Hello there.

Some models unfortunately cause issues with the importer and lead to an unsuccessful result.Unfortunately,it is an issue with the tools themslevs which we can't solve.

The models I'm trying to import are any of the sisters of battle troops. Basically just want to import, pose them, export as .obj and then texture them in blender.

#83 Kekoulis

Kekoulis

Apothecary Novice

• Members
  • 2,071 posts
  •  Slaanesh's Glory

Posted 24 May 2020 - 09:45 AM

Hello there.

The models I'm trying to import are any of the sisters of battle troops. Basically just want to import, pose them, export as .obj and then texture them in blender.

Yeah,we can't really import SOB models I am afraid.

ec-sig-early2.gif

#84 Guest_Witch_*

Guest_Witch_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2020 - 12:18 PM

Hello there.

Yeah,we can't really import SOB models I am afraid.

Very unfortunate.. Thanks for the help regardless!

#85 Guest_Witch_*

Guest_Witch_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2020 - 06:50 AM

Quick update, was able to load the models into 3ds with errors, and export it as an .obj with textures applied to blender. Is there any way to manually add the dow animations to a model in 3dsmax? For DoW2, you simply just import them via santos tools 2. If it's not possible, it's gonna be a lot of work posing them via self rigging or messing with the existing bones, haha.

#86 Kekoulis

Kekoulis

Apothecary Novice

• Members
  • 2,071 posts
  •  Slaanesh's Glory

Posted 25 May 2020 - 09:56 AM

Quick update, was able to load the models into 3ds with errors, and export it as an .obj with textures applied to blender. Is there any way to manually add the dow animations to a model in 3dsmax? For DoW2, you simply just import them via santos tools 2. If it's not possible, it's gonna be a lot of work posing them via self rigging or messing with the existing bones, haha.

Unfortunately not.

You see,the importer first builds the reference file(which is the model) then extracts the anims.

The errors happen during the stage of the reference file.So,you got lucky and got all meshes you wanted.

This and the fact Obj does not support rigs,so,you would have to re-rig to an armature and pose yourself anyways.

ec-sig-early2.gif

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: max, dow, 3dmax, 3smax2007, 3dmax2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users