• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:58 AM

OK, this is not only for Unification, but for EVERY project you want to test, including of course Race Mods. The following, will help you playtest MUCH faster, saving you time and delivering immediate results.

UPDATED 12/07/18

First, you will need this:

Autoexec: http://www.mediafire...ly/autoexec.lua

Download it, and put it DIRECTLY into your Soulstorm folder.

Then, ALWAYS start the game with the -dev suffix.

From now on, whenever IN-Game, you will be able to use the following keys to do the following:

[Shift]+F1 -> Slow-motion game. Best, to see minor glitches, or test in slow speed.
[Shift]+F2 -> Normal speed. Use this to revert the game to standard speed.
[Shift]+F3 -> Fast speed game.
[Shift]+F4 -> VERY fast speed game. Use this to test the AI, or to see how the game progresses.

[Shift]+F5 -> Toggles ingame stats

[Shift]+F6 -> Toggles ingame UI stats

[Shift]+F7 -> Hides Cursor

[Shift]+F8 -> Shows Cursor
F5 -> (Toggleable). If you press it while YOU control a player, the current player will be controlled by the AI. If you "swap" among players and press it on an AI-controlled player, YOU gain control of it! Use it to inspect ALL players in a game sparingly, or to watch all AIvsAI games for testing balance! You can also increase speed (with [Shift] + F4), to have results MUCH sooner.
F7 -> Disables the AI for ALL players.
F8 -> Enables the AI for ALL players.
F9 -> (Toggleable) -> Reveals/hides the map.

[Shift]+[Tab] -> (Toggleable) -> Reveals/hides the Taskbar. Excellent, for taking in-game clean screenshots (with Print Screen button). These can later be used in a showcase, or... for creating Icons! UPDATE: Now also hides covers, broken status, builder icons, health/morale, green selection circles!

This is REALLY useful (mandatory) for ALL MODDERS!!!

Edited by Gambit, 12 July 2018 - 06:58 PM.

-In search of Papasmurf...

#2 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 10:34 AM

Tips:
Play as and against the race.
Test different map sizes.
Test against all vanilla races.
Test 1 Vs 1 primarily.
Force yourself to use build orders using all the units.
Check hot keys are available and unique for all buildings and units.

#3 mdcertainty

mdcertainty

Sage-Otaku-Monk

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 08:25 AM

[Shift]+[Tab] -> (Toggleable) -> Reveals/hides the Taskbar. Excellent, for taking in-game clean screenshots (with Print Screen button). These can later be used in a showcase, or... for creating Icons!

Depending on how nitpicking you are I'd say the in-game function screencap does a light compression.... not much, but its there. I'd suggest to use Fraps and set it up for .png or .bmp images that is 100% lossless.

But like said only for the superb nitpicking like me the ingame function if sufficient of course.

ec-sig-early.gif

#4 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:19 AM

Hahahaha!! You are a real perfectionist!

I... mean, the game DOES store the images in jpg format, but the size is really big (HUGE in fact), so I presume the compression is minimal :p

But yeah, there IS some compression.

From my part, I have enabled AA anf AF at their maximum values (x8/x16), and added some more filters, so the screenshots are looking really neat anyway.

Edited by Gambit, 18 April 2018 - 10:20 AM.

#5 mdcertainty

mdcertainty

Sage-Otaku-Monk

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:36 AM

Of course it is minimal my dear friend :lol:

ingame shots are around 600-800 kb, while png-bmp is twice the size like said only the perverse perfectionist like me will care. Still I felt the urge to type that down just in case there's someone like me out there which I doubt, nonetheless her goes :D

Edited by mdcertainty, 18 April 2018 - 10:36 AM.

ec-sig-early.gif

#6 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:01 PM

Updated. Please re-download.

> Code cleanup.

> Added some more options.

> SERIOUS: Now, when hiding Taskbar ([Shift]+[Tab]), EVERYTHING gets hidden for in-game screenshots, including Covers, Builder Idle Icons, Unit Health/morale, Broken Status, Green Selection Circles.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users