• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 marsarah89

marsarah89
  • New Members
  • 4 posts
  • Projects:ROTWK Unofficial 202 modding

Posted 31 December 2017 - 10:32 PM

Hi all! I'm working on adding a new building to the game in the mod I'm making. I created the w3d file for built and building animations, I added a new .ini file in the object folder and i'm referencing the new .w3d file in it, but nothing shows up in game (either when building, or after it was built). I'm using gmax/renx when exporting the file to w3d. If I reference an existing random w3d file from the game, then the building shows. But when I reference mine, everything is invisible. I looked up tutorials on how to create buildings and build up animations, but none cover how to configure the ini file to reference the w3d file, or where to place the w3d file. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by marsarah89, 07 January 2018 - 01:43 AM.

"The things I once imagined would be my greatest achievements were only the first steps toward a future I can only begin to fathom" - MTG Jace Beleren

#2 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,426 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 01 January 2018 - 05:50 AM

For that you will need to create an asset.dat

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#3 marsarah89

marsarah89
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:11 AM

Thank you for the quick reply! As soon as I read your direction, I looked up tutorials about how to create an asset.dat file and found one that points to using Sy's Asset Builder. Now i'm encountering a problem adding my art folder to the program. I'm getting a forbidden symbol on my pointer as i drag over. Any ideas with that? Again, thanks for the help so far!

"The things I once imagined would be my greatest achievements were only the first steps toward a future I can only begin to fathom" - MTG Jace Beleren

#4 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,426 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:50 PM

Can you show me a screenshot.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#5 marsarah89

marsarah89
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:41 AM

Here it is. 

I have one taxture and two w3d models inside the art folder.

https://drive.google...vS7rVM2DlAd34yf

#6 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,426 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:11 PM

Try different compatibility options or different asset makers.

P. S. You can use the Snip tool to take screenshots of just the program.

Edited by MattTheLegoman, 07 January 2018 - 02:13 PM.

#7 marsarah89

marsarah89
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:59 AM

Thanks for the tips. I ran the compatibility troubleshooter and it worked. I recreated the original asset.dat file (since putting only my files in a different asset.dat and adding that to the .big file of the unofficial 202 patch does not seem to work) and i got the model to show up in game including the animation, but i have no texture.... :|

P. S. I tried using Snipping Tool but i cant catch my own pointer while snipping. I wanted to show the pointer :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users