Best Answer Guest_protoman1008_* , 04 January 2018 - 08:46 AM
Playing Generals, C&C3, Kane's Wrath and Red Alert 3 may be difficult at first.
I know it's a huge bummer that the original servers shut down and IP addresses never redirected to CNC Online instead to make things a lot more easier.
Back in the old classics, it was eventually taken over by XWIS as far as I know. Mostly recognized CnCNet as a free private server alternative which still allows you to play the old classics online fairly easy.
The way of how to play the games mentioned above works a little different, since CNC Online uses "Hook" methods in order to get around the original Server.
== CNC Online/Gentool ==
1. First Create a Revora account, once you have done that, please go to this link and create a server login account. https://cnc-online.net/en/account/
2. Download and install CNC Online from here:
(Heads up, some anti-viruses are known for blocking CNC Online's installer, might be a good idea to temporary disable your anti-virus and add CNC Online to the exception list, after that re-enable your anti-virus)
Generals and Zero Hour: http://www.gentool.net/
C&C3, Kane's Wrath and Red Alert 3: http://server.cnc-on...nline_2.0.7.msi
If the link above doesn't work, then follow this link instead: https://cnc-online.net/en/download/
3. Make sure you have one of the CNC Online covered games installed before running the launcher.
4. Run the Launcher as Administrator. On top of the program there's a menu called "Hook" shown as follows. http://prntscr.com/hvvdld
5. If prompt you want to run ifeo.exe, click on "Yes". Since CNC Online requires Admin Permissions in order to make certain changes.
6. After that, close the launcher and try to start as example C&C3. It should start CNC Online Launcher instead. This indicates the hook is functioning as it should.
7. Now click on the button of the game you've just enabled the hook function on and you should be redirected to CNC Online's server instead of the original.
The login credentials required can be found in here. https://cnc-online.net/en/account/
Account name is required for C&C3 and Kane's Wrath.
E-mail address is required for Generals, Zero Hour and Red Alert 3.
== Older classics ==
As of the old classic games such as Red Alert 1 and 2 and so forth, I'd suggest using CnCNet, since it's more crowded then XWIS is as far as I'm aware and is still fairly popular.
It's easy to set-up, all you have to do is make sure you have the game installed, after that install CnCNet and it'll basically do the rest for you. As long as the original game is detected by the CnCNet client including support for newer operating systems such as Windows 10.
All their supported games can be found on the CnCNet link above.Go to the full post