Photo

Are the demographics for this forum different then Gamereplays?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SortingHat

SortingHat
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:21 AM

I have accounts on both forums and that forum while it's interesting hardly any replies there at least nothing helpful and I've notice that in threads in general. Here there is immediate replies and all sorts of help to browse thru and interesting topics.  Actually both forums had interesting topics but GR is pretty much dead while this forum still has some kindle left.

Is there a difference in demographics that uses this forum that results in it lasting longer?  I immediately got help in getting a mod to work here while in Gamereplays they are like "We don't do mods use 1.06 patch" which there is actually a 2.02 patch for the first game on here.

#2 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:48 PM

We're modders and artists and coders and gamers and Tolkien enthusiasts.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#3 SortingHat

SortingHat
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:45 AM

I know that. What's the difference between the two forums actually?

#4 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:24 AM

What do you mean by difference? It's two different websites with small overlap in a few areas.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users