Photo

C&C Generals Zero Hour, The Ultimate Collection version on Win10 error "Cannot connect to C&C Online right now" when I try to log into multiplayer.

c&c online generals zero hour log-in issue doesnt appear on faqs help needed

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Pingaling

Pingaling
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:28 PM

Hello, I would just like to preface this with an apology as this is my first post on this forum and I am not really familiar with forums/threads of any kind so any ignorance of mine whether it be overlooking obvious details or something is entirely due to me being brand new to this.

So, my friend recently bought me The Ulitmate Collection on Origin via G2A and he gave me the key, I used it, got The Ultimate Collection no problem. So, we originally tried Zero Hour, just base game, online and we went through all the steps with the fixed launchers, C&C Online stuff, GenTool, etc. The first time I had the game and everything installed, I got the error "Cannot connect to C&C Online right now" when I tried to log in to multiplayer, the final step before playing. I wasn't quite sure what to do so I restarted the game and my computer cause sometimes that works when you install new stuff, but it didn't work this time, same error. So I uninstalled everything and reinstalled it all, and it worked... Until I logged off for the day and launched it again the next day, which I had to completely uninstall then reinstall everything for it to get it to work again. Then, my friend wanted to play the Rise of the Reds mod with me and we tried to get it to work by having him just sending me his C&C Zero Hour folder and me replacing mine with that, which worked, but only once, until I relaunched it later that day and it gave the same error when I tried to log in. However, we were playing other C&C games with little to no issues at all, and the issue I'm having I haven't seen appear on the forums as far as I've looked and I haven't seen it on any FAQs sections or anything, so I'm pretty lost I guess. 

Here is some info:

- Game with issues: Zero Hour

- The Ultimate Collection

- Kind of error and time: "Cannot connect to C&C Online right now" and about 30 seconds after I hit log in with all the correct info filled in

- Specs text file linked below

- Error log file: 

----- C&C:Online Launcher Start -----
Game: Generals
Generals Install Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Command and Conquer Generals\
ERROR: CreateProcess() failed to start C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Command and Conquer Generals\generals.exe. Error: The requested operation requires elevation.

ERROR: Unable to launch Generals

Game: Zero Hour
Zero Hour Install Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\
ERROR: CreateProcess() failed to start C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\generals.exe. Error: The requested operation requires elevation.

ERROR: Unable to launch Zero Hour

- cnc online NatNegTest diagnostics tool info: http://prntscr.com/i00xbq

This is about all the info I think could be potentially useful, if there is anything I'm missing please tell me and I'll add it to the thread.

Attached Files

#2 Guest_protoman1008_*

Guest_protoman1008_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:52 PM

Don't use CNC: Online for Generals or Zero Hour.

Use Gentool instead. :)

http://www.gentool.net/

#3 Pingaling

Pingaling
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:09 PM

Don't use CNC: Online for Generals or Zero Hour.

Use Gentool instead. :)

http://www.gentool.net/

We're already using Gentool, sorry maybe I was unclear about that but the only thing from CNC: Online we're using is the server network for multiplayer which is the only way to do that if I'm not mistaken.

#4 Guest_protoman1008_*

Guest_protoman1008_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:25 PM

My mistake, I was confused by the posted log saying "CNC: Online".

It could have something to do with firewalls being too overprotective sometimes.

If that's not the case either, else your best bet would be to wait for ToxicShock to respond. :)

#5 Pingaling

Pingaling
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:52 AM

My mistake, I was confused by the posted log saying "CNC: Online".

It could have something to do with firewalls being too overprotective sometimes.

If that's not the case either, else your best bet would be to wait for ToxicShock to respond. :)

Haha, guess I'm waiting lol. Thanks for the help but yeah, firewall has nothing to do with it, went as far as even disabling it completely to make sure if there was something beyond the allowing it to bypass thing but nothing.

#6 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,565 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:19 AM

Why do you have this is you are not using the launcher?

Zero Hour Install Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\
ERROR: CreateProcess() failed to start C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\generals.exe. Error: The requested operation requires elevation.

For the avoidance of doubt, you should uninstall the C&C:Online launcher and let Gentool do the work.

In any case, you should be starting the game "As Administrator" (and with Windows XP SP3 compatibility), which that log suggests you are not.       

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#7 Pingaling

Pingaling
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:58 PM

Why do you have this is you are not using the launcher?

For the avoidance of doubt, you should uninstall the C&C:Online launcher and let Gentool do the work.

In any case, you should be starting the game "As Administrator" (and with Windows XP SP3 compatibility), which that log suggests you are not.       

C&C: Online has been uninstalled for a while, those are the error logs from when I was trying it back on like my 3rd or 4th uninstall/reinstall just to see if maybe that would fix it, which of course it didn't, and I currently don't have it installed and am on about the 10th un/reinstall now... And yes, every time I launch the game I go through the program files in and find the .exe exactly and run it as admin from there. Also, it doesn't look like Windows XP SP3 is available, but my computer is 100% up-to-date so I don't see why it wouldn't be?

Edited by Pingaling, 14 January 2018 - 08:35 PM.

#8 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,565 posts
  •  I have blue text?

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:25 PM

Make a desk top shortcut to the exe file.     That option (compatibility) should be available from the shortcut "properties".

#9 Pingaling

Pingaling
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:30 PM

Make a desk top shortcut to the exe file.     That option (compatibility) should be available from the shortcut "properties".

Yeah, that's something I did when initially installing the game and Gentool and everything. Here is a screenshot of the error. http://prntscr.com/i0h2ov

Note: I do have Shockwave mod installed as well as RotR, but I know that isn't affecting this error because it functions the same way regardless.

Edited by Pingaling, 14 January 2018 - 11:32 PM.

#10 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,565 posts
  •  I have blue text?

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:45 PM

Could you attempt another log in then post in here immediately afterwards to help me find that in the server log.

#11 Pingaling

Pingaling
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:05 AM

Could you attempt another log in then post in here immediately afterwards to help me find that in the server log.

Sorry for the late response, been busy recently. Would it be worthwhile to try doing later today (1/17/18) anytime between 2pm and 10pm PST?

#12 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,565 posts
  •  I have blue text?

Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:53 PM

Sure.    I may not be able to look at it straight away but if I know when you made the attempt, it will be easier for me to find it.

#13 Pingaling

Pingaling
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 08:22 AM

Sure.    I may not be able to look at it straight away but if I know when you made the attempt, it will be easier for me to find it.

Just made 3 login attempts at 12:22 AM PST.

#14 Pingaling

Pingaling
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:43 AM

Just made 3 login attempts at 12:22 AM PST.

Just tried again right now

#15 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,565 posts
  •  I have blue text?

Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:24 AM

There is no sign of you (by your user name or IP address) in the log from yesterday. Could you run the connection test in How to Report Issues. That test is designed to diagnose player to player problems but it might give some insight into this problem. Are you using a VPN service?

#16 Pingaling

Pingaling
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 05:35 AM

There is no sign of you (by your user name or IP address) in the log from yesterday. Could you run the connection test in How to Report Issues. That test is designed to diagnose player to player problems but it might give some insight into this problem. Are you using a VPN service?

No VPN and here's a screenshot showing what the test displayed, http://prntscr.com/i596cu

#17 Gldneye

Gldneye
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:52 AM

Bump. Bring this man home.

#18 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,565 posts
  •  I have blue text?

Posted 28 January 2018 - 09:07 AM

Can you check that the online IP address in "options" starts 192.  or 10.  ?   You are not reaching the serve at all, as far as I can see.

You're 100% sure that you have gentool installed?    Does any information come up as the game loads?

Bump. Bring this man home.

I hate it when people do that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c&c online, generals, zero hour, log-in issue, doesnt appear on faqs, help needed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users