Converting Special Ability to Toggle Weapon

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wanchope

wanchope
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:57 PM

Hİ, I want to convert gimli's axe throwing ability to toggle weapon, is that possible? I made some changes at, commandbutton and commandsent but it didn't work.

I know I started to engage the forum too much, but I am very new to it.

#2 Jokuc

Jokuc

Hardcore Procrastinator

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:11 PM

Yes it is possible, but there's much more to it than just changing the commandbutton and his commandset. It's pretty late right now and I don't have any game files since I recently wiped my computer so I won't be able to go much into detail, but basically you need to edit the throwing axe weapon ini in a way so the weapon will be used more than once, there should be a setting called DelayBetweenShots if I remember correctly (there are more things to edit than this obviously). Take a look at another hero that has a ranged weapon and adjust the gimli axe one accordingly while leaving the warhead the same. You probably need to edit some stuff in \object\goodfaction\units\dwarven\gimli.ini as well. Oh and add a specialpower setting for the new ability. Take a look at the one in createaherospecialpowers.ini under toggle weapon. It should have a property called special targetless or something like that. You'll need that because with the default gimli axe throw, he's required to select a target before throwing. And then you obviously need to edit the commandbutton to a toggle button and fix the commandset.

Edited by Jokuc, 15 January 2018 - 11:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users