• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ZetaTrooper

ZetaTrooper
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 06:41 AM

Hi all,

Been trying for hours to get an online match working with a friend in both AofR and RotWK 2.02. We can connect to one another in the T3A Online server, and get a game started without issues. Every time, however, we get a desynch error within about 10 to 15 seconds of starting a game. We've also tried using Gameranger and Hamachi and get the same results.

We are both running Windows 10 Pro.

The only mod we have installed is Age of the Ring. We both have the BFME2 HD as well.

Both of our versions show up as 2.02 in RotWK and 2.0 in Age of the Ring when looking in options settings.

We've disabled our windows firewalls, added the UDP 16000 port forwarding in our routers at both sides, rebooted multiple times.

We've tried removing AI players, trying different maps, nothing seems to help.

Thanks in advance for your help! Would love to get playing again.

#2 ZetaTrooper

ZetaTrooper
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:37 AM

Just discovered that we had used different ISOs to install RotWK -- one was tRotWK_ep.iso and one was RotWk_Maxi_TheSmokingMan.MDF

our file and folder counts were different (off by about 1,200 files), so assuming this is the problem and getting both on the same install from the tRotWK_ep.iso now to see if that fixes it.

#3 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:08 PM

I recommend this to install it. Make sure you use the same BfME2.
https://forums.revor...allation-guide/

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#4 ZetaTrooper

ZetaTrooper
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 02:12 AM

I think we have the same versions installed now. We are getting a different problem now, where he cannot login to T3A Online. I can login to T3A Online.

When he is trying to log in, it seems like the game is trying to connect to the long-gone RotWK servers that are no longer up, and won't let him into the lobby. He's uninstalled and reinstalled the T3A online launcher, but it still won't let him log in.

He tried using my T3A account to login, since my works, but still the same result, won't let him get into the lobby.

Any ideas? I can't seem to find any posts about this particular issue.

#5 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:21 AM

Open his Options.ini file and if present remove the GamespyIPAddress line, then save.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users