Photo

Issue creating Ultimate Alliance skirmish map

Best Answer Terminal Velocity, 11 March 2018 - 05:05 PM

Open your map with a text editor and find the [Basic] section. Your map should have Gamemode=Ultimate Alliance.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AR15_Fan

AR15_Fan
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:22 PM

So, now that the map editor has been released I thought that I would take a swing at crating my own map for Ultimate Alliance. However I am running into an issue with the map showing up in the maps list for Ultimate Alliance. I even tried copying the Game modes that a stock map has (specifically Aquatic Divide) and my map still will not show up. It shows up for other games modes, like Standard, and Tech Share; but not Ultimate Alliance. I am assuming that at this point there is a config file that lists compatible maps; either that or I am missing something.

If anyone has any ideas on what I could check, or what I am doing wrong; I would appreciate it.

#2 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:05 PM   Best Answer

Open your map with a text editor and find the [Basic] section. Your map should have Gamemode=Ultimate Alliance.

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

https://drive.google...BIYEYXz7u8KCAMr

My maps:

#3 AR15_Fan

AR15_Fan
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:20 PM

That did it, for some reason the official map did not have that in its map file; but hey whatever works. Thanks.

#4 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:00 AM

The official map is modded in MentalOmegaMaps.ini. The info there overwrites the [Basic] section of the map

Don't edit it tho. Just use it as references for [Basic] section editing

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users