Help needed. Campaign playing order

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 trixter99

trixter99
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 08:05 PM

hello. sorry if this has been asked before, i have looked around but didnt found anything.

my question is how do i play the campaigns. do i do all 3 act 1 first then go to act 2 or do i go Al 1/2 Sov 1/2 Eps 1/2? thanks

#2 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 26 March 2018 - 08:30 PM

There isn't really an order. Play it however you want. But if you want to do it in chronological order, a good rule of thumb is 

Allies 1, Soviet 1, Epsilon 1, Allies 2, Soviet 2, Epsilon 2.

In Act 2, start playing Foehn Origins after Machinehead.

Co-op and Covert-Ops aren't necessary to the story, but they can provide some extra details if you want. 

The missions aren't designed exactly in order though. Refer to this for the Act 1 timeline by lovalmidas:

http://www.mediafire...fs4uc043vzg.jpg

Edited by Tathmesh, 27 March 2018 - 01:04 AM.

#3 JustJoking

JustJoking
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:04 AM

With a little research, I made a list for the missions of act 1 in the chronological order to play them, with the first being Peacekeeper, and the last being Moonlight. Unfortunately, I can't post it now, but in a few hours I will.

#4 JustJoking

JustJoking
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:55 AM

The campaign order for act 1 is the following:

1. Peacekeeper
2. Red Dawn Rising 
3. Bleed Red
4. Accelerant
5. Eagle Fly Free
6. Golden Gate
7. Heaven and Hell
8. Happy Birthday
9. Shipwrecked
10. Bad Apple
11. Side Effect
12. Beautiful Mind
13. Peace Treaty
14. Hammer To Fall
15. Recharger
16. Human Shield
17. Wrong Side
18. Idle Gossip
19. Landlocked
20. Zero Signal
21. Death From Above
22. Gardener
23. Think Different
24. Road to Nowhere
25. Warranty Void
26. Panic Cycle
27. Killing Fields
28. The Lunatic
29. Sunlight
30. Unshakeable
31. Focus Shift
32. Dragonstorm
33. Singularity
34. Moonlight

This was made using some previous lists and by reading the briefings. Some missions take place simultaneously, but the logical order of events would be the one I suggested. I made this list cuz I want to play the whole campaign on mental following this order, for things to make more sense lorewise.

#5 trixter99

trixter99
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 02:08 PM

thank you for the info guys XD i will try this way

#6 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 02:44 PM

The campaign order for act 1 is the following:

1. Peacekeeper
2. Red Dawn Rising 
3. Bleed Red
4. Accelerant
5. Eagle Fly Free
6. Golden Gate
7. Heaven and Hell
8. Happy Birthday
9. Shipwrecked
10. Bad Apple
11. Side Effect
12. Beautiful Mind
13. Peace Treaty
14. Hammer To Fall
15. Recharger
16. Human Shield
17. Wrong Side
18. Idle Gossip
19. Landlocked
20. Zero Signal
21. Death From Above
22. Gardener
23. Think Different
24. Road to Nowhere
25. Warranty Void
26. Panic Cycle
27. Killing Fields
28. The Lunatic
29. Sunlight
30. Unshakeable
31. Focus Shift
32. Dragonstorm
33. Singularity
34. Moonlight

This was made using some previous lists and by reading the briefings. Some missions take place simultaneously, but the logical order of events would be the one I suggested. I made this list cuz I want to play the whole campaign on mental following this order, for things to make more sense lorewise.

I think you're missing some missions. There are 12 x 3 = 36 missions in Act 1.

#7 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 03:15 PM

Yeah, Road Trippin' and Scrapyard are missing from the list.

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

https://drive.google...BIYEYXz7u8KCAMr

My maps:

#8 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 27 March 2018 - 03:37 PM

The campaign wasn't designed with the intention to be played chronologically. You just do all the missions of a side in an Act, Act One before Act Two with the exception of Foehn Origins starting after Machinehead.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#9 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 03:47 PM

The campaign wasn't designed with the intention to be played chronologically. You just do all the missions of a side in an Act, Act One before Act Two with the exception of Foehn Origins starting after Machinehead.

Huh, that's interesting. So then is the story meant to be played one perspective at a time, or is it more of a gameplay reason?

#10 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:07 PM

I think it's about playing from a perspective and seeing how things play out for them, then playing the other perspectives and putting the bits and pieces together to form the global narrative.

#11 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:17 PM

It would be pretty silly to expect the player to finish a mission, load the next one but instead of actually playing it, have him go back to the selection screen and choose the one that's next in the chronological order.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#12 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:39 PM

Though, if Act 1 should be played first, then why does finishing Sunlight continues to the Act 2 missions? Shouldn't it go to the Soviet Act1 campaign, or go back to the mission selection? (Same with the other factions.)

Edited by Solais, 27 March 2018 - 04:39 PM.

#13 RedFox34

RedFox34
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 05:26 PM

Dang.  I've been playing chronologically and really enjoying it.   I was kind of hoping the final mission for each side in Act 2 (when released in a later patch) would have a real clear chronological indicator at the start or in the briefing, so I could keep it going without needing to spoil the end to figure out which to play first.

Edited by RedFox34, 27 March 2018 - 05:27 PM.

#14 JustJoking

JustJoking
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 06:04 PM

Dang.  I've been playing chronologically and really enjoying it.   I was kind of hoping the final mission for each side in Act 2 (when released in a later patch) would have a real clear chronological indicator at the start or in the briefing, so I could keep it going without needing to spoil the end to figure out which to play first.

You shouldn't let what speeder said influence your playthrough. If you have fun playing like that, do it anyway. I'm starting a second playthrough now, on mental dificulty, and I thought it would be cool to play in the chronological order of the events, since on my first playthrough, the briefings were kind of confusing to me, having no ideea for example, who Yunru is, Stalin fist incident, etc.

But, yeah, if it's your first playthrough, you should just complete all 12 missions for each side.

#15 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 12:08 PM

Alright, using the site's campaign section, the mission briefings, playthrough videos, loval's previous list and all that, I have constructed a new, hopefully accurate timeline of Mental Omega's campaign, including the the new coop missions included in 3.3. Obviously Act 2 is not yet complete.

Act 1: https://i.imgur.com/q1mdJzB.png

Act 2: https://i.imgur.com/E1wHHDi.png

#16 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 30 March 2018 - 10:54 AM

The chornology of the MO missions is like Red Alert Aftermath / Counterstrike missions.

This is no strict order other than Allied 2 follows Allied 1, Allied 3 follows Allied 2. etc.

There are some linkages between the campaigns tying different factions' campaigns together (like Soviet 9 Road to Nowhere and Allied 11 Panic Cycle), but this does not tie every mission.

So long as you don't be intentionally abusive with spoilers (like, play the last mission first, because. :p), you'll be fine. 

Edited by lovalmidas, 30 March 2018 - 10:54 AM.

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users