Photo

The most important question about new map creation of commandos2.

map commandos2 commandos3 y64 sec mods

Best Answer herbert3000, 12 April 2018 - 08:45 PM

Hi,

I think the only way to draw 4 sides of a map is to create the whole map in 3ds max and then render each view.

Bu it's much easier to create a single sided map. In fact, most new maps in Destination Paris only have 1 side.

The Commandos 3 Y64 file format has too many unknown sections, it's not possible to create new Y64 files for C3 (at least not for the moment).

Do you know this site?

https://tieba.baidu....

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 caocao2018

caocao2018
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Projects:Investor

Posted 08 April 2018 - 06:39 AM

Hi everyone,

We are creating a brand new commandos2 MOD, but it is very difficult to draw four sides map for cover.

Since commandos3 Y64 contains the contents of rendering occlusion, how do we create a brand new Y64 of commandos3? How to draw the Z depth map? Is there any specific way to do it? Commandos3's EXE supports Z's deep occlusion function. Can it introduce exe files of commandos2?

If possible, the creation of four sides map will be much faster.

#2 Zakxaev68

Zakxaev68

Stalking in the shadows

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 12:31 PM

Sounds like Herbert the only lead person knowing mapping methods might hand you out the secret. I can't assist, sorry, all I did with Y64 files, browse them for nothing.

Were chinese people made Strike of Narrow Path also? Woah you guys do a lot for this game, sharing the big love for as much since launch times. :thumbsupcool: :thumbsupcool: 

comm-boot-camp-promo-revora-join-us-co.p

<<< CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO DO SO >>>

#3 caocao2018

caocao2018
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 04:52 AM

Sounds like Herbert the only lead person knowing mapping methods might hand you out the secret. I can't assist, sorry, all I did with Y64 files, browse them for nothing.

Were chinese people made Strike of Narrow Path also? Woah you guys do a lot for this game, sharing the big love for as much since launch times. :thumbsupcool: :thumbsupcool:

Wow! First of all, Thank you very much for telling me all these things about the map. 

Now we are going to create MOD of commandos2, It will be a new, independent MOD, and the story about the heavy water in Norway. which is different from Strike of Narrow Path.

#4 herbert3000

herbert3000

Guilty Until Proven Innocent

• Division Admins
  • 593 posts
  • Division:Commandos HQ
  • Job:Division Admin

Posted 12 April 2018 - 08:45 PM   Best Answer

Hi,

I think the only way to draw 4 sides of a map is to create the whole map in 3ds max and then render each view.

Bu it's much easier to create a single sided map. In fact, most new maps in Destination Paris only have 1 side.

The Commandos 3 Y64 file format has too many unknown sections, it's not possible to create new Y64 files for C3 (at least not for the moment).

Do you know this site?

#5 caocao2018

caocao2018
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 01:51 AM

Hi,

Do you know this site?

Thank you for your advice

这是现在唯一的办法

This is the only way to do it now

Edited by caocao2018, 13 April 2018 - 01:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users