• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Thesilver

Thesilver
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:03 PM

Hi

Does anyone know what changes veterancy make to a unit exactly? I am wondering about this since the effects of veterancy are alot harder to notice in mental omega than other cnc games. I know that heroic gives a speed boost and very minor health regen but what are the stat changes exactly? Is veterancy for every unit the same? Many units get unique visuals to their attacks when heroic but there are plenty of units with no visual changes (almost everything foehn and alot of epsilon), do they still get the same boosts? It is understandable though since you would have to create every attack effect twice for that to work.

And how much does a unit have to kill to earn it? I've seen a brute (500$) kill an industrial complex (3000$) and getting only the 1st stripe so it has to be more than 3 times the price per rank.

#2 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:24 PM

Each unit has different bonuses. Some units have different weapons when they become elite ,hence the different visuals in some cases. Speed, Damage and Armor multipliers are 1.25x

If I remember correctly, the ratio is 4.5 instead of 3.

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

https://drive.google...BIYEYXz7u8KCAMr

My maps:

#3 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:43 PM

Also, as a rule of thumb, units that become elite gain a passive self-healing ability.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#4 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 21 April 2018 - 09:38 AM

These are the generic settings:

VeteranRatio=4.5    // destroy this many worth of enemies to promote
VeteranCombat=1.25    // +25% dmg per shot
VeteranSpeed=1.25    // +25% move speed
VeteranSight=0.0    // no sight bonus
VeteranArmor=1.25    // +25% health
VeteranROF=1.0    // no ROF bonus
VeteranCap=2    // 2 promotion maximum (=> veteran => elite)

Some units benefit from these bonuses and some don't.
Example:

[DEVO]    // Colossus
Primary=ColossusCannon
ElitePrimary=ColossusCannonE    // plasma blaster: uses a new weapon at elite rank
Secondary=ColossusAA
EliteSecondary=ColossusAA    // dual AA gun: no new weapon for elite rank
VeteranAbilities=STRONGER    // veteran: +25% hp
EliteAbilities=SELF_HEAL,FIREPOWER,FASTER    // elite: +self healing, +25% dmg(in addition to a new weapon), +25% speed

Edited by PACER, 21 April 2018 - 09:39 AM.

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#5 Thesilver

Thesilver
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 02:41 PM

Thanks for the info. So most units get these stat boosts even if the weapon doesn't look to be changing? Good to know. I am also assuming now that carrier units (like the hailstorm drones) get equal treatment when they kill things even if their parent stays normal. This while the hailstorm carrier just gets the speed and armor when elite?

#6 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:17 PM

Thanks for the info. So most units get these stat boosts even if the weapon doesn't look to be changing? Good to know. I am also assuming now that carrier units (like the hailstorm drones) get equal treatment when they kill things even if their parent stays normal. This while the hailstorm carrier just gets the speed and armor when elite?

Ares platform implemented logic to make carriers and mind-controllers gain veterancy through letting their "drones" do the killing.

In the case of Hailstorm, it gets Experience.SpawnOwnerModifier=75% experience from drone kills. It benefits from the buffs barring Firepower, which has no effect on a carrier.

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users