#81 Kekoulis

Kekoulis

Apothecary Novice

• Members
  • 2,151 posts
  • Projects:Emperor's Children
  •  Slaanesh's Glory

Posted 06 August 2018 - 08:21 PM

Weird,there should have been included.No matter.I will upload them for you.

Personally,I use the tools 3DS MAX has,but I suppose you do not have it.

http://www.mediafire...08_III.zip/file

ec-sig-early2.gif

Mankind has seen the light,the light of Slaanesh.

#82 LemonTree

LemonTree
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 07:56 AM

Help,i have a normal squad with melee_ext pre-setup and a leader that will have enable modifier.The problem is the modifier would only work if  the modifier 's aplication type is type_modifierapplicationtype\tp_mod_apply_to_player.lua. Switching it to entity or squad yield no result,at all

#83 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 09:38 AM

From what you are saying, I can only remotely suspect another issue:

The enable_melee_leap modifier. This, can ONLY apply to a player as a whole, not squad :thumbsdownsmiley:

Otherwise, please be more specific.

Where are the modifiers set? In melee_ext/in_melee_modifiers, for example?

And the leader, has the enable_melee_modifiers?

-In search of Papasmurf...

#84 LemonTree

LemonTree
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 01:59 PM

From what you are saying, I can only remotely suspect another issue:

The enable_melee_leap modifier. This, can ONLY apply to a player as a whole, not squad :thumbsdownsmiley:

Otherwise, please be more specific.

Where are the modifiers set? In melee_ext/in_melee_modifiers, for example?

And the leader, has the enable_melee_modifiers?

Alright,thank you for the clarification,i got that part confused.Is it possible to have one squad with melee charge and one with feral_leap so it the modifier doesn't overlapping to other squad ?

Edited by LemonTree, 09 August 2018 - 02:00 PM.

#85 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 05:30 PM

Of course!

Just use the charge_range you want for the non-feral_leap squad, and only put modifiers in charge_modifiers, if you want. Most of the times, we put x1.25 to x1.5 speed increase here. And leave ALL other fiends zero, or empty.

In all the feral_leap squads, just use the values you want, based on their nature and behaviour/role.

#86 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 05:33 PM

EXOTIC (I have not tried it)

... There IS a way to have it enabled after specific researches for each squad of course, but for this you will have to experiment with the melee_charge_range_modifier. I have not tested it. In theory, you can have the entities use ZERO initial charge_range, and then use the melee_charge_range_modifier, to enable their feral leap. :twisted:

#87 LemonTree

LemonTree
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 07:47 PM

EXOTIC (I have not tried it)

... There IS a way to have it enabled after specific researches for each squad of course, but for this you will have to experiment with the melee_charge_range_modifier. I have not tested it. In theory, you can have the entities use ZERO initial charge_range, and then use the melee_charge_range_modifier, to enable their feral leap. :twisted:

That is sharp one brother,it work flawlessly well and now i can have specific feral_melee for certain squad without unintentionally overlap to other squad

Edited by LemonTree, 13 August 2018 - 10:51 PM.

#88 LemonTree

LemonTree
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 10:53 PM

After a much more extensive testing,i have come to the conclusion that the melee charge_range_modifier method WILL NOT working as intented. The squad can and will charge at close range even if you set charge_range to 0 (or negative value) which mean overlap is still a problem.Damnation

#89 LemonTree

LemonTree
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 10:37 PM

I have another question,because some time my squad have too many ability,i chain them all together and did some form of ability upgrade.My idea is that when an research is conducted,the 1st ability will dissappear and the the 2nd ability (which have 1st ability as child_ability) will show up and so forth,that lead to my question
Is there a way to make an ability dissappear upon research ?

#90 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 02:15 PM

Of course brother, this is perfectly possible.

It is a bit complex to describe though, so I suggest you should look into Thousand Sons.

The Sorcerer Lord spells, work exactly like that - once a research is made, a lower-level spell disappears, while another one (higher level) appears.

The method is perfect. Everything you need is there.

If you need more help, I am here.

#91 LemonTree

LemonTree
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 07:35 AM

Than

Of course brother, this is perfectly possible.

It is a bit complex to describe though, so I suggest you should look into Thousand Sons.

The Sorcerer Lord spells, work exactly like that - once a research is made, a lower-level spell disappears, while another one (higher level) appears.

The method is perfect. Everything you need is there.

If you need more help, I am here.

Thank you brother, i was able to do it perfectly looking at your Chaos Daemon mod in stead,at the moment i'm tweaking with the soul_destruction ability but it seem impossible (DE soul are hardcoded i believe).Never the less i'm curently relative bug free and focusing on doing some designing choice

Edited by LemonTree, 20 August 2018 - 07:36 AM.

#92 LemonTree

LemonTree
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 05:13 PM

Here is another question,how do you change certain unit armour upon complete a research.I have try enable_armour2 modifier and adding armour2 to respective ebps unit but somehow that doesn't work

#93 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 08:13 PM

That is the way, though... You must be doing something wrong!

That,... Or the armour DOES change, but you cannot notice it (heavy infantry med to high, will not show anywhere, and the same for simple infantry!)

#94 LemonTree

LemonTree
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 08:58 PM

That is the way, though... You must be doing something wrong!

That,... Or the armour DOES change, but you cannot notice it (heavy infantry med to high, will not show anywhere, and the same for simple infantry!)

I am extremely certain that i have do everything right,from the ebps unit type name to the modifier itself .As for whether i notice the change or not.I use Commissar execute ability (which will not affect Commander armour) so idk if that ability work any different than any ability

#95 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 09:04 PM

I use Commissar execute ability...

Wait.. HOW you used it???

#96 LemonTree

LemonTree
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 04:33 AM

I use Commissar execute ability...

Wait.. HOW you used it???

I have a squad of commisssar,so i modify the ability,adding commissar as a executable unit ..Since the commissar is a commander unit,the ability doesn't affect him.If my research did indeed change armour type,the ability should have affect commissar after research complete

#97 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 08:33 AM

Ah... Now I see.

Nope! It will NOT work...

This is an issue with armour type 2. :ermm:

It only affects the weapon damage on the Unit. It does NOT affect which abilities can target it - for abilities, it is treated as having the FIRST type of armour.

This is indeed very technical (and rare), but trust me, armour type 2 WILL NEVER work with abilities... :unsure:

---------

To implement the trick you said above you must resort to alternatives.

Here is one, and will work just as you want it:

1] NO need to change the armour type.

2] Give the entity that performs the execute, TWO execute abilities. One includes the commissar in the executable_troopers, and the other DOES NOT.

3] Each time, ONE of the two abilities will available, based on requirements.

4] After the research, have the requirements of the abilities so that the one disappears (research must not be complete -> true), while the other to require the research.

The method I told you is in fact better that your own, as it is discriminative! :grad:

Just do not forget to add both abilities in the AI of the squad.

#98 LemonTree

LemonTree
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 09:44 AM

Ah... Now I see.

Nope! It will NOT work...

This is an issue with armour type 2. :ermm:

It only affects the weapon damage on the Unit. It does NOT affect which abilities can target it - for abilities, it is treated as having the FIRST type of armour.

This is indeed very technical (and rare), but trust me, armour type 2 WILL NEVER work with abilities... :unsure:

---------

To implement the trick you said above you must resort to alternatives.

Here is one, and will work just as you want it:

1] NO need to change the armour type.

2] Give the entity that performs the execute, TWO execute abilities. One includes the commissar in the executable_troopers, and the other DOES NOT.

3] Each time, ONE of the two abilities will available, based on requirements.

4] After the research, have the requirements of the abilities so that the one disappears (research must not be complete -> true), while the other to require the research.

The method I told you is in fact better that your own, as it is discriminative! :grad:

Just do not forget to add both abilities in the AI of the squad.

I understand your solution but i think it stray away from my purpose as it will make the ability affect other commander (OP alert).However i do have some question about the execute ability,is it possible to execute the leader in the squad ?.I tried adding them to the executable unit but the commissar would not execute them

#99 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 09:48 AM

I understand your solution but i think it stray away from my purpose as it will make the ability affect other commander (OP alert)

NO!!!

It will only affect the commissar! The executable_troopers uses entities directly :thumbsuphappy:

However i do have some question about the execute ability,is it possible to execute the leader in the squad ?.I tried adding them to the executable unit but the commissar would not execute them

I am almost certain, you can execute ANYONE in the squad, as long as the ability has that specific entity inserted into executable_troopers.

#100 LemonTree

LemonTree
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 03:14 PM

I understand your solution but i think it stray away from my purpose as it will make the ability affect other commander (OP alert)

NO!!!

It will only affect the commissar! The executable_troopers uses entities directly :thumbsuphappy:

I'm not sure if i correctly said what i mean,the damage increase and morale immune effect will affect other squad even they are composed of commander only.I think you are meant to say that the commissar will only execute unit on their squad,which is 100% correct

However i do have some question about the execute ability,is it possible to execute the leader in the squad ?.I tried adding them to the executable unit but the commissar would not execute them

I am almost certain, you can execute ANYONE in the squad, as long as the ability has that specific entity inserted into executable_troopers.

I have the specific ebps entity inserted into executable_troppers but it seem like they will not execute leader.  Nvm i did it

Edited by LemonTree, 03 September 2018 - 04:03 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users