Photo

Making a unit that changes team to the player that discovers it.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jellyfishmcgoo

jellyfishmcgoo
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:09 PM

Hello, Ive been learning about triggers and scripts etc in final alert 2. I see the trigger of 'When discovered..' but the only relevant action is 'Changes house to...' and the only options for that are a specific player (based on starting position A-H). I was wondering if any knows a way to make it so when any team discovers a unit, say a tank, that tank becomes theres. I remember there were multiple missions in yuris revenge where this happened so I assume it is possible. Thank you!

#2 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,946 posts
  • Projects:The Third War, Ares, misc side projects.
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Leader
  • Association

Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:29 PM

I'm not sure that it is possible in skirmish maps to assign units to a "discovering" player. Those triggers in the singleplayer maps don't assign units to the "discovering" player, as there only is one player who could discover them. The singleplayer triggers are along the lines of "the player has put one of their units in this trigger area, so transfer these extra units to the player." The player's specific house is what's cited in the triggers.

Your best workaround might be to somehow put the units in an area where only a specific player can access them, then you can invoke the "Player @ X" logic. For instance, you could maybe have your units in some sort of terrain-blocked area where the only way in is through an indestructible and uncapturable neutral building blocking the entrance. You could then set up a trigger where this building sells itself when a player from a specific starting location draws near, and then units are transferred to that player... but it's a bit of a faffy workaround.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Job Openings with the Guild: Division Staff, News Posters.
Job Openings with Ares: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.

PM if interested.

#3 jellyfishmcgoo

jellyfishmcgoo
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:58 PM

Thanks for the reply, yeah hadn't thought that through. I'll try a workaround, thanks for the ideas :)

I think it's great this forum is around to help silly fools like myself years after the game came out :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users