[RA3] Could not connect to the backend server

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Shadaos

Shadaos
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 11:44 AM

To begin with, I own RA3 through a purchase of a C&C complete collection on Origin.  It uses the combined RA3+Uprising Launcher, and I'm playing on a Windows 7 machine.  I've managed to connect a few times but can't seem to figure out why, or what launching configuration works consistently.

First, trying without hooking:

I run the C&C:Online Launcher, it runs fine.  I click RA3, and the launcher pops up at which I select RA3 instead of uprising.  Everything goes fine, the game launches fine.  I click to log in to the servers, my information is entered correctly, and I click Log In.  At the bottom of the screen, it says 'Attempting to sign in to GameSpy' then, after a short delay, I get the message saying 'Could not connect to the backend server.'  The full text of the log file is below:

----- C&C:Online Launcher Start -----
Game: Red Alert 3
Red Alert 3 Install Path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Red Alert 3\Red Alert 3\
Started game with: "RA3.exe "
Caught CREATE_PROCESS_DEBUG_EVENT from Red Alert 3. Detaching...
ERROR: game.dat process not found.

After running into this issue a few times, I decided to try using the 'hook' function.  I hooked the game through the C&C: Online Launcher, closed the launcher, then ran the game normally through a shortcut on my desktop.  In this case, the RA3 laucher pops up, I select RA3 (not uprising) and the C&C: Online Launcher pops up.  However, RA3 never actually launches.  When attempting this method, I find no text at all in the log file.

Looking for any assistance or suggestions.  Please let me know if I can provide additional information or should attempt another launching method.  Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.

#2 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:28 AM

I have sent you a PM with a solution which we're testing. If anyone else wants that solution to try, please make your own topic and post your error log.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users