Emulating Weta's old Dwarf Shields?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Emperor of the East

Emperor of the East

A simple guy who likes to think factually

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Projects:Easterling Faction for RotWK and the Planet Thertia novels.

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:45 PM

Hello, T3A!

-

Today I want to ask for help emulating these two Dwarf shields, in the right half of this image:

3286015_orig.jpg

I have tried applying the Graphics tutorial on making Numenorean shields from scratch to the making of these two Dwarf shield, but sadly that's not working for me. I also tried making alternate textures for the shields that Bfme2 already has, but that only works for the Dwarf shield design farthest to the right in this pic. Can someone help me with emulating the dwarf shield design in the middle right, please? Thanks in all,

-

~EotE

"You cannot know anything; only suspect. You must suspect to be wrong. To have overlooked, something, anticipate."

~Malik Al-Sayf, from the original Assassin's Creed from 2007

Yes, I do live by this advice to the best of my ability.

#2 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:38 AM

May I see the where you got to in making the model?

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#3 Emperor of the East

Emperor of the East

A simple guy who likes to think factually

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Projects:Easterling Faction for RotWK and the Planet Thertia novels.

Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:41 AM

new_dwarf_guardian.PNG

Well, here is my Dwarven Guardian remake with the Numenorean shield retexture I spoke of.

"You cannot know anything; only suspect. You must suspect to be wrong. To have overlooked, something, anticipate."

~Malik Al-Sayf, from the original Assassin's Creed from 2007

Yes, I do live by this advice to the best of my ability.

#4 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:26 PM

That looks good. Just apply what you learnt with creating that shield with making the other shield you want. You can show me how it turns out.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users