Why is the game too slow?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 GoDa

GoDa
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 01:46 PM

I wonder that the game is too slow although graphics of the game is as graphics of older versions of RA2 !!!
I think it doesn't need high PC components..does it??
My PC is Pentium 4 processor ,2 GB Ram and 1 GB video card "intel" with Windows 7
So what's the problem??????

#2 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 31 May 2018 - 09:47 PM

Is the game slow all the time or is it only on certain maps such us Soviet'a Juggernaut or Allied's Relentless?

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#3 GoDa

GoDa
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:14 PM

Is the game slow all the time or is it only on certain maps such us Soviet'a Juggernaut or Allied's Relentless?

Just on certain maps especially when attacking or if the game gets longer it gets slower than the beginning

#4 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 02 June 2018 - 03:52 AM

Probably pathfinding, but your CPU also seems too old too, I mean... it's still Pentium. Some challenges and co-op (Mind Over Matter being the worst offender) is very taxing in performance. Same can be said to SPs. Firewalking only ran in 20 out if 30 FPS for me.

Edited by Handepsilon, 02 June 2018 - 03:53 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#5 GoDa

GoDa
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 11:43 AM

Probably pathfinding, but your CPU also seems too old too, I mean... it's still Pentium. Some challenges and co-op (Mind Over Matter being the worst offender) is very taxing in performance. Same can be said to SPs. Firewalking only ran in 20 out if 30 FPS for me.

Well..there is a solution to solve this problem??
Next patch maybe???
Graphics of the game don't need higher CPU as RA2 or Yuri's revenge

#6 Bernadiroe

Bernadiroe

Pepperoni

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 07:05 PM

Well..there is a solution to solve this problem??
Next patch maybe???
Graphics of the game don't need higher CPU as RA2 or Yuri's revenge

You will need newer better CPU to solve this, because this issue is from pathfinding (CPU), not graphic-related (GPU/RAM). Also upgrade your RAM to 4GB minimum to handle crowded battles on-screen.

The more pathfinding is being performed on each present units on map (not just on screen), the more tax on the CPU.

And the fact that some AI could be stuck or a blockage happened on AI base preventing them to send out their own units, these stacked-up pathfinding will taxed the CPU even more.

The original Yuri's Revenge is not as crowded as MO I believe so that's why it's not as taxing as MO. This is not a bug, just an increase in processing power needed from increased units and activity in MO.

tldr, the only way to solve this is to upgrade your CPU.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users