10 replies to this topic

#1 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 09:28 PM

Solved

Hi, I seem to have an issue with the game after I got a new GPU (nVidia GeForce GTX 1060) and upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 for DirectX 12 support in newer games, the problem I am having is that the game freezes for about 3 to 10 seconds whenever the game changes resolution i.e when going to the game menu while playing the game, or as soon as the mission starts after a briefing finishes. So I was wondering if anyone else had this issue? Or if anyone knows a fix/workaround?

Edited by SirRH, 07 June 2018 - 06:37 PM.

#2 felipeluzzz

felipeluzzz
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 02:11 AM

I had that problem, it's fixed now but i don't know why. I tried running the game as administrator, restarting my computer, and changing the scale settings in my graphic card. I guess one of these things solved the problem but i don't know what thing.

#3 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 03:36 PM

I had that problem, it's fixed now but i don't know why. I tried running the game as administrator, restarting my computer, and changing the scale settings in my graphic card. I guess one of these things solved the problem but i don't know what thing.

Well ive tried running it as admin, and messing around with the gpu scaling settings,and restarted pc after but nothing I've tried so far seems to have fixed it, please could you send a screenshot of your scale settings?

Edited by SirRH, 04 June 2018 - 03:37 PM.

#4 felipeluzzz

felipeluzzz
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 03:35 AM

For some reason i can't seem to post a screenshot. But my scale mode is "Full screen", i am executing the scale in GPU as oposed to "Video", and i have checked a box that says: "Override scale mode chosen by games and programs". Aside from that my resolution is 1920x1080 with 60Hz.

#5 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:25 PM

Ok thank you, however even with those settings the issue is still there unfortunately 

#6 Jeroen

Jeroen
  • Members
  • 235 posts
  • Projects:Commandos BEL är bara smörja.

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:53 PM

En de tyfus.

Edited by Jeroen, 07 June 2018 - 05:23 PM.

#7 felipeluzzz

felipeluzzz
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:59 PM

Ok thank you, however even with those settings the issue is still there unfortunately 

Ooooh, i'm sorry, I just remembered that I found out what the problem was and fixed it!.

I don't know if you noticed but the latest windows 10 update added a feature in the notifications that group notifications while you play games, and display them when you close the game. That feature is causing the problem, if you disable that in the settings the problem goes away.

Edited by felipeluzzz, 07 June 2018 - 12:02 AM.

#8 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:27 PM

Ooooh, i'm sorry, I just remembered that I found out what the problem was and fixed it!.

I don't know if you noticed but the latest windows 10 update added a feature in the notifications that group notifications while you play games, and display them when you close the game. That feature is causing the problem, if you disable that in the settings the problem goes away.

Ok thank you, however I can't find an option to disable it. When searching for game mode options in the settings, I could only find this screen, which has no option to turn it on and off:

4b07a3b3aa2379a1ea50095963793afa.png

#9 felipeluzzz

felipeluzzz
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:45 PM

Ok thank you, however I can't find an option to disable it. When searching for game mode options in the settings, I could only find this screen, which has no option to turn it on and off:

4b07a3b3aa2379a1ea50095963793afa.png

It's in the PC configurations, then System, then something like "Focus Assistent", it has a crescent moon symbol. I'm not sure about the name because my system is in portuguese since i'm brazilian, so i don't know the exact english name.

#10 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 06:18 PM

Ok thank you very much I have fixed it now, I searched for "focus assist" in the start menu search and it came up, and I put all the settings to off and it seems to have fixed the problem. 

e31c5c8c29286f0a35252f2b7d483e2b.png

Edited by SirRH, 07 June 2018 - 06:20 PM.

#11 extrano1955

extrano1955

title available

• Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:05 AM

I got same problem updating my windows 10 and I fixed it with this method. The solve works!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users