#1 Lenwë

Lenwë

title available

• Project Team
  • 260 posts
  • Projects:An Unexpected Mod
  •  Nothing... Really

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:57 PM

(I should say before starting this that I'm not certain of Revora's policy regarding the discussion of illegal substances, but hopefully people will be able to appreciate the intellectual nature of what I'm discussing and not assume that I'm trying to be controversial for the sake of controversy)

So recently I have picked up an admiration for the beneficial properties of psychedelics substances (mostly just classics psychedelics such as LSD and psilocybin mushrooms, but also the so called spirit molecule DMT). I'm quite ashamed of public opinion regarding the use of said substances and their general categorisation with other commonly abused narcotics like speed and cocaine, with the uneducated assumptions that drugs are 'dumb' or only used by idiots and lowlifes. When in fact, anecdotal evidence surrounding psychedelics has for years been full of seemingly miraculous trends involving personal spiritual experiences and self-improvement.

And it's no longer just anecdotal evidence, increasing scientific evidence for the beneficial use of psychedelics is growing in volume albeit slowly due to cultural stigma and legal challenges, but perhaps most of the people interested enough to be reading this are all ready quite aware of the situation I'm describing.

I suppose what I'm interested in is finding out what sort of psychedelic experiences people have had and in the case that these experiences were beneficial how so? As well as of course any negative experiences and similarly what was so bad?

Personally I have only ever used LSD but some of my greatest personal revelations - mostly relating to the analysis and deconstruction of my own ego (a challenging but highly rewarding process) - have come about during the come down of acid trips.

Anyone else care to share their thoughts? :D

#2 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 11 June 2018 - 11:26 PM

Ohhhh. Psychedelic drugs.

I don't do any psychedelics these days (or, well, maybe once every few years) but when I was 18/19 I used to trip on LSD and mushrooms quite a lot. 

It was a great experience. It took away a lot of the confusion I felt at that age, mostly in that it helped me define a clear sense of who and where I was. It improved my perspective on life and rewired certain bits of my mind in a lasting, beneficial way. Beyond that, it was a lot of fun to witness the weirdness. Had some pretty wild introspective experiences, and some fun walks in the woods. 

Deep down I feel everyone should probably give them a try sometime. LSD is quite harmless compared to the terrible stuff we're culturally accustomed to putting in our bodies, and its effect is much more profound and useful than being blind drunk.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#3 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 12 June 2018 - 01:51 AM

Do you really think we would have an illegal substance policy?  PHHHNNAA  You should make a topic to record your special trips.  Always enjoy reading those.  I like to go to playgrounds and strangulate myself with swing-set ropes, so I understand what it's like.

#4 KilanaCruz

KilanaCruz
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 04:18 PM

You shouldn't be ashamed of taking shrooms or LSD. Plenty of people get tripped out and have good experiences. Hell, go to a music festival and you'll see a bunch of them tripping balls to something. Some people are just more open about it than others.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users