Photo

Need help getting C&C Generals and Zero Hour to run on Win 10

generals zero hour

Best Answer Onimot, 12 June 2018 - 07:44 PM

For some reason playing the game with a no cd patch finally worked, no idea why because I was pretty sure the unofficial TFD patch had no-cd as a part of it, but whatever. Thank you very much!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Onimot

Onimot
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:33 PM

Figured I am better off asking for help over here then in the EA forums, and when I asked on CnCnet I got pointed over here. I need help getting The First Decade version of Generals and Zero Hour to work on Windows 10. I already tried the options.ini fix aswell as different compatibility modes, but I keep getting a "Serious error" whenever I try to launch Generals. I also tried installing the directx that is on my TFD cd but apparently that one is not compatible with my version of Windows, and download the supposedly same version of directx online didnt help or I simply didnt install it properly, not sure. Any help regarding this is appreciated.

#2 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:55 PM

I am not sure if any disc versions will run on Win 10. I think you need to google for a no-disk fix. There are a number of them around.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#3 Onimot

Onimot
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:44 PM   Best Answer

For some reason playing the game with a no cd patch finally worked, no idea why because I was pretty sure the unofficial TFD patch had no-cd as a part of it, but whatever. Thank you very much!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users