Hello, people of Revora. I know everything about what I am posting... except for where to post it, so I am posting it here. Basically, this is me reflecting on something that the Revora user Namo said and applying it in a way that I think will be of utmost use to Bfme series modders everywhere. Anyway, here is what I know about the Easterlings... researching into lots of Tolkien lore, but only into Tolkien lore.
- Once a grand king of the Easterling land of Rhun, then he got a Ring of Power and it turned him into Sauron's second deadliest servant to only the Witch-King. Khamul is now the second in command of the Nine Ringwraiths.
- By the year 2251 of the Second Age, he became a Ringwraith and then lived to be at least 4200 years of age.
- He was the Ringwraith who asked Hamfast Gamgee about Shire and Baggins.
Easterlings' physical appearance
- Black or Brown haired (aka dark hair)
- Somewhat shorter than Dunedain (so somewhat shorter than 6'4")
- A lifespan of 80 to 100 years
- Swarthy skinned (think of 'tanned skin')
- No definite clarification on eye color
- War wagons
Easterling Army Units
- Bowmen on foot
- Bowmen on horses
- War Wagons
- Spear-armed Horsemen
Easterling Battles in LotR novel trilogy
- Battle of Dale
- Battle of Gondor
- Battle of Morannon
- History of Middle-earth's chapter on Dwarves and Men described Easterling language as 'more similar to Dwarvish than to any Elvish speeches'
- The closest human language to Dwarvish is Adunaic
- And the Easterlings have had more contact with Dwarves and Ancient Numenor than anyone else before 2251 of the Second Age
- Plus the Easterlings in the movies speak only two lines, both in a Dwarven-sounding language that is not Dwarvish.
Combined with the excellent armor and weapon designs from Weta Workshop and the building designs EA Games put into the Rhun map in Battle for Middle-earth 2, I am sure I just made it easier for everyone to make a Lore-abiding Rhun faction for Bfme mods. Thanks, everyone for reading this!