As you might have heard or read, the original plan of mine for patch 3.3.4 for Mental Omega was to have it contain the conclusion of the Act Two storyline - the remaining 7 missions, the names of which you already know. After some thought and some recent developments, I've decided to switch the plans a bit and release new content to the players sooner, since I've known for a while that these final missions of Act Two would take more time and effort than usual to be completed, and a release earlier than in December would not be possible (and this date is not final either). As such, there's going to be an additional patch in Summer - the 3.3.4 update will become something different than I initially intended.
Thanks to the efforts of our mission designers, both veterans and newcomers, we've prepared 9 completely new singleplayer missions for this surprise update! They are as follows:
- Allied Covert Op Mission Fullmetal
- Allied Covert Op Mission Gridlock
- Soviet Covert Op Mission Eclipse
- Soviet Covert Op Mission Dawnbreaker
- Soviet Covert Op Mission Brothers in Arms
- Epsilon Covert Op Mission Taciturn
- Epsilon Covert Op Mission Nightcrawler
- Epsilon Covert Op Mission Survivors
- Foehn Origins Mission The Great Beyond
While Covert Ops are mostly side stories, Dawnbreaker and Brothers in Arms are both part of the final Soviet story arc: the liberation of Russia from Yuri's hands. As the Soviet task force on the Moon is preparing for their counter attack, the forces that remained on Earth after Meltdown begin the grand operation ahead of them, preparing the grounds for the major siege of Moscow.
Eclipse is a Chinese mission which takes place during their invasion of Japan in Act One. Survivors shows what Malver has done after Obsidian Sands, while Nightcrawler does the same for Rahn. Taciturn takes place between Act One and Act Two and is about Yuri's forces chasing down a Chinese agent who has found out the big Russian secret. The Allied Covert Ops, Fullmetal and Gridlock show what challenges the other task forces from the Paradox Expedition had to face, while the Paradox Engine itself was moving towards Cape Town.
In addition to the new Foehn Origins mission and Covert Ops, another Challenge map will be added:
- Firestorm Challenge against the Wings of Coronia armies with a Blasticade stronghold
- '(2) Closed Wide Open', '(2) Golden Spiral', '(2) Inferno Galore', '(3) Easter Island', '(4) Blood Feud Redux', '(4) Blue Hawaii', '(4) Dune Petrol', '(4) Double Shredder', '(4) Goldshire', '(4) Tetris', '(4) The Well', '(4) Woody Island', '(6) Avalanche', '(6) Black's Big Bluff', '(6) Death Stranded', '(6) Metallic Madness', '(6) Rorschach', '(6) Winter Desolation'
- 'Free for All' can be chosen again as a game mode, it blocks the ability to make alliances before and during battle with no exceptions
- the Built statistic has been added to the Statistics screen, which can now be completely cleared through a new button in the client
- players can now choose a 'Random subfaction from a specific side' option in skirmish/multiplayer
- Observers can now see a player's current production or money by clicking on their buildings
- all amphibious transports are now immune to EMP weapons (but not freezing weapons)
- several of Foehn infantry had their transport size reduced from 2 to 1 and can form IFV combos
- Allied Co-Op map 'Low Rider' fully works again
Send us all the feedback regarding the proposed changes for the new update at the usual places. Long live Command & Conquer!
The developer playthrough of Mental Omega campaign continues on our YouTube channel. Ahead of its release, you can already take a look at the Epsilon Covert Op Taciturn:
That's all for now, stay tuned for the 3.3.4 release and more news to come!
If you'd like to help develop Mental Omega further, write an e-mail to email@example.com
We always welcome additional Voxel Artists, 3D & SHP Artists, Mission Scripters and Voice Actors.
Single contributions are also welcome and will speed up the development of the mod.