Bfme Anthology without MS Windows?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Emperor of the East

Emperor of the East

A simple guy who likes to think factually

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Projects:Easterling Faction for RotWK and the Planet Thertia novels.

Posted 19 June 2018 - 07:24 PM

Hello, people of T3A

-

I have been trying numerous methods from Winekin to Wine Stable to CrossOver to get the Battle for Middle-earth series to run on my MacBook Pro without Windows. I am here to ask: has anyone else tried to get these games onto an Apple computer without Windows? Or do I have to buy Parallels with Windows 7? Knowing that Parallels would let me run Windows without a reboot?

-

That's all I got for now. Thanks, readers!

-

~EotE~

"You cannot know anything; only suspect. You must suspect to be wrong. To have overlooked, something, anticipate."

~Malik Al-Sayf, from the original Assassin's Creed from 2007

Yes, I do live by this advice to the best of my ability.

#2 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  • Projects:Middle-Earth Expanded
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 19 June 2018 - 07:42 PM

I had a macbook pro a long time ago. I tried to get it to work, never succeeded. I ended up dual booting / using a virtual machine like vmware etc to get windows to run. Bootcamp is by far the best and most stable way to do it. just use a file manager like dropbox / google drive to have files on both sides of the machine / link to the mac hard drive side. 

#3 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 19 June 2018 - 07:49 PM

Did you check https://www.reddit.c...rently_reddits/

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users