#161 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 16 July 2018 - 05:41 AM

Well, now what's the problem then? Before you say it, Ultimate Alliance is not a standard for balance. If you want to talk about Iron Dragon balance, then you will have to think of the faction it comes from : Foehn. Judging from what we both say, I don't think Iron Dragons is as OP as you mention it to be now.

Edited by Handepsilon, 16 July 2018 - 05:42 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#162 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

Hellish.Calculative.Eccentric.Dedicated.

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Projects:Command and Conquer 5:Tiberian Destiny(In incubation stage at present)
  •  PsiCorps Proselyte.A mind is a terrible thing to waste. I like Epsilon Headquarters also.

Posted 16 July 2018 - 05:47 AM

Well, now what's the problem then? Before you say it, Ultimate Alliance is not a standard for balance. If you want to talk about Iron Dragon balance, then you will have to think of the faction it comes from : Foehn. Judging from what we both say, I don't think Iron Dragons is as OP as you mention it to be now.

On the other hand,the Salamander needs nerfing down-that is OP.But the Ramwagon and the Future Tank Alpha?Not really,they are fine as they are
"Just die already!"-Libra

#163 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 16 July 2018 - 11:33 AM

Imma drop this here in case anyone forgets: duplicants can detect enemy spies. Dups + SODAR vs Epsilon + Stun Grid = No Stolen Tech for you.

#164 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Projects:Command and Conquer 5:Tiberian Destiny(In incubation stage at present)
  •  PsiCorps Proselyte.A mind is a terrible thing to waste. I like Epsilon Headquarters also.

Posted 16 July 2018 - 11:39 AM

Imma drop this here in case anyone forgets: duplicants can detect enemy spies. Dups + SODAR vs Epsilon + Stun Grid = No Stolen Tech for you.

That is a standard anti-infiltration tactic of mine whenever I play Foehn.

#165 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 16 July 2018 - 01:06 PM

You can actually counter it well with Pteranodons, and Diverbee, but Last Bastion might have the short end of the stick here. A couple of Mastodon shots is enough to take the Dragon down due to its' inherently low armor, but I'm not sure how long a Mastodon can hold up against Iron Dragons.

Or if you're feeling like it, maneuver around with Lancer-Jackal, that is if the Dragons come fairly unprotected.

But really, Stolen Tech shouldn't be so OP they become a game decider

[IDRAG]

Strength=750

[APOC]

Strength=580

InHeRenTlY LoW arMoR

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#166 JackoDerp

JackoDerp
  • Members
  • 179 posts
  • Projects:Doing dumb shit to Red Alert 1
  •  Arrogant arsehole with questionable sanity.

Posted 16 July 2018 - 01:15 PM

> ignoring armour type

also

* change: ROF and firepower of all of the Foehn basic tanks (Cyclops, Drago, Bison) has been doubled

What is this actually going to change

Everyone seems to be arguing over how Yunru came into such a position of power,

yet nobody is willing to explain how Rahn's weapon is able to teleport a pair of shorts.

8QTUrX0.png

#167 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 16 July 2018 - 01:24 PM

> ignoring armour type

Talking about armor type, it doesn't really differ much among the same unit type (infantry, vehicles, structures)

[PrometheusWH]

Verses=25%,25%,35%,220%,200%,185%,25%,22%,16%,40%,100%

[IronDragonResidue]

Verses=100%,100%,100%,200%,200%,200%,0%,0%,0%,100%,100%

(Irondragon's DoT splash weapon, not the negligible impact)

#168 BotRot

BotRot
  • Members
  • 228 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega English Wiki on Fandom (formerly Wikia)
  •  Mental Omega Wiki Administrator & Contributor

Posted 16 July 2018 - 01:28 PM

> ignoring armour type

also

* change: ROF and firepower of all of the Foehn basic tanks (Cyclops, Drago, Bison) has been doubled

If one compares individual shots between Foehn basic tanks and basic tanks other factions right now, Foehn basic tanks seem to be weaker.  I guess the change would make a rapid-fire tank more capable of one-shotting (or significantly weakening) lighter vehicles in larger numbers like the other MBTs can do. In other words, it would probably improve Foehn tanks' first strikes.

hT8PHUN.gif

#169 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 16 July 2018 - 01:37 PM

> ignoring armour type

also

If one compares individual shots between Foehn basic tanks and basic tanks other factions right now, Foehn basic tanks seem to be weaker.  I guess the change would make a rapid-fire tank more capable of one-shotting (or significantly weakening) lighter vehicles in larger numbers like the other MBTs can do. In other words, it would probably improve Foehn tanks' first strikes.

For information,

Cyclops 12(24 wifi) DMG 10 ROF => 24(48) DMG 20 ROF

Draco 30(15 drone) DMG 20 ROF => 60(30) DMG 40 ROF

Bison  30 DMG 20 ROF => 60 DMG 40 ROF

In comparison, a Cavalier has 60 DMG 45(35 laser) ROF, and a Qilin 70x2 DMG (65+1) ROF. All MBTs uses AP as primary weapon's warhead.

Edited by PACER, 16 July 2018 - 03:44 PM.

#170 NorthFireZ

NorthFireZ

MO Caster, Community Ghost

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Projects:MO Faction Guides
  •  Random Asshole

Posted 16 July 2018 - 07:08 PM

So basically it would bring the Alpha damage on par with other tanks and not this rapid fire mechanic, nice I like it.

I have a year-long Writer's block @ https://www.fanficti...1/At-Mind-s-End But youtube is doing well! https://www.youtube....ser/andywong545

#171 JackoDerp

JackoDerp
  • Members
  • 179 posts
  • Projects:Doing dumb shit to Red Alert 1
  •  Arrogant arsehole with questionable sanity.

Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:32 PM

* change: Power Turbine power output increased from 100 to 150, price increased from $200 to $300

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

Everyone seems to be arguing over how Yunru came into such a position of power,

yet nobody is willing to explain how Rahn's weapon is able to teleport a pair of shorts.

8QTUrX0.png

#172 BotRot

BotRot
  • Members
  • 228 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega English Wiki on Fandom (formerly Wikia)
  •  Mental Omega Wiki Administrator & Contributor

Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:38 PM

+ buff: Dybbuk-Seizer will now apply a 60s long "rage" effect to each unit it captures

I'm interested to see the potential of the proposed buff of the Dybbuk-Seizer, so that it finally stands out among the other mind-controllers. Gameplay-wise, the right targets to mind-control now have a bigger impact in a chaotic clash. The buff also surprisingly fits in with a unit named as Seizer.

If the buff does go through, the official description might need a slight tweak, since it would be confusing if only Adepts on a plane somehow drugged (or enraged) their victims from up high.

hT8PHUN.gif

#173 GameMaster0000

GameMaster0000
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:30 PM

Remind Again, don't forget to fix garrisonned archer bug.

#174 Thesilver

Thesilver
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 03:06 PM

Dybukk Seizers are fine. Just don't fly them into a blob of anti air (like with every single air unit). A thing that's not realised is that once the seizer escapes every controlled unit may aswell be dead since you're never killing the seizer. A blob of anti air is also the only thing that will ever kill them. A quick stat comparison.

A stormchild has 150HP and a speed of 32. A seizer has 420 and a speed of 36. Not only is it almost 3 times as durable but it's also faster and only outmatched by the hummingbird with 38 (and everyone knows how hard these are to kill). You can absolutely capture units guarded by medium AA and escape just fine. Just don't fly them into the main army, it's a devestating hit and run unit that just requires micro. The only problem is that epsilon doesn't have as much units to capture due to cloaking, immune units and reliance on cheap units.

#175 Nox667

Nox667
  • Members
  • 31 posts
  •  noone interesting

Posted 17 July 2018 - 04:42 PM

The online manual needs updating anyway, and seizer description always struck me as a joke/placeholder with how non serious it comes across. Then again, mabye the devs should keep the manual rework till the mod is (feature wise)(mostly) complete.

Infinite are: the universe and human stupidity. Im not quite sure about the universe. - *supposedly* Albert Einstein

#176 LordDesolator777

LordDesolator777
  • Members
  • 45 posts
  • Projects:Getting better at MO

Posted 17 July 2018 - 06:36 PM

Iron Dragon is so OP man, pls nerf it.

In 2.0 there was a stolen tech unit called the Decimator Tank. THAT was OP. And Purposefully so, considering it was the equivient of the Cyborg Commando.

How were you able to acquire the decimator tank? Now I'm thinking about reinstalling MO 2.0 just so I can get the tank to test for myself.

Infiltrate all battle labs and have all 3 tech trees. You'd get access to the Phalanx Tank (basically a Quickshifter), the Apollo Bot (a fast, tiny robot that can MC units and buildings) and the Decimator tank (a T5 monster tank that could wreck an AI base all by himself).

#177 NorthFireZ

NorthFireZ

MO Caster, Community Ghost

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Projects:MO Faction Guides
  •  Random Asshole

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:19 AM

Community: Rocketeers are crap vs everything they need some sort of change

Speeder: +2 speed and -100 credits

Good stuff on the power buff thou.

I have a year-long Writer's block @ https://www.fanficti...1/At-Mind-s-End But youtube is doing well! https://www.youtube....ser/andywong545

#178 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:00 PM

Well a cost and speed change still qualifies as "some change" :p

He forgot to change its name into "Flying GI" though

#179 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 02:59 PM

Just like the Soviet Tesla Troopers can give a damage boost to Tesla Coils,and Allied Prism Towers can help to give each other damage boosts,I would appreciate it if Epsilon Inferno Towers and Foehn Railgun Towers could get a similar damage boost mechanism.Though I think the Inferno Towers should have a mechanic where they can support each other like Prism Towers,and Railgun Towers should be able to get damage boosts from Railgunners,in the Soviet way.

#180 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:02 PM

Just like the Soviet Tesla Troopers can give a damage boost to Tesla Coils,and Allied Prism Towers can help to give each other damage boosts,I would appreciate it if Epsilon Inferno Towers and Foehn Railgun Towers could get a similar damage boost mechanism.Though I think the Inferno Towers should have a mechanic where they can support each other like Prism Towers,and Railgun Towers should be able to get damage boosts from Railgunners,in the Soviet way.

Tesla Coils can be boosted as it can be 'charged'. Prism Towers prisms because it uses prisms. These don't make sense on their counterparts at all.

Inferno Towers has a small splash. And Railgun Towers trades RoF for a much harder hit. IMHO they're balanced enough.

Edited by PACER, 24 July 2018 - 02:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users